Make Your Own Tobeyaki Pottery Bowl Workshop
Learn how to make a ceramic bowl, then try the next step of making a small bowl or a mug bowl. Choose your favorite one as a special keepsake.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:00 Meet at Nousonkougeitaikenkan
Pottery Wheel Workshop (2 hours)Learn to use an electric potter's wheel and how to throw and shape clay. Begin by creating a large bowl, and practice shaping the clay thinly.
Pottery ChallengeIf you are ready, increase the challenge by making a small bowl or mug as a second piece.
GlazingSelect one of your works to glaze and color. It will be sent to you after baking is completed, in about one and a half months.
Experience ends at Nousonkougeitaikenkan
- Guests ages 11 and above may participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please wear long pants for this activity.
- The base fee incudes 1 kilogram of clay. An additional fee of 150 JPY per 100 grams will be charged for extra weight after completion, if the weight exceeds 1 kilogram.
- Attaching a handle for a coffee cup may carry an additional fee. If necessary, please pay on the day of the activity.
- Please note that your ceramic will be shipped after baking by postal cash on delivery. Shipping may not be possible to countries other than Japan.
- This activity is unavailable on Tuesdays, or Wednesday when Tuesday is a National Holiday. The activity also does not take place during the New Year's Holidays.
- This tour is held only in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 3.
|Credit card payment|
- No cancellation fees are charged.