Canoe Adventure on the Kushiro River (Lake Toro and Hosooka)
Paddle down the Kushiro River and Lake Toro, enjoying Hokkaido's wild beauty! Great for beginners and children, come get in touch with nature.
Kushiro Marsh is traversed by an immense number of rivers and dotted with countless lakes. This scenery is best described as a kingdom of water. Local rivers and lakes include the Akan River, Lake Toro, Lake Shirarutoro and Lake Takkobu. Among these, the Kushiro River, which begins its journey at Lake Kussharo, flows toward the Pacific Ocean while snaking its way through the area’s lush wetlands. This sight appears almost mythological in nature and the sheer scale is a wonder for visitors of all ages.
▼ Read more
Fee for students over junior high school is as well as adults' fee.
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Round-trip Transfers (Koshiro city to/from Toro Station) + USD 17.81 (per group)Round-trip Transfers (Koshiro city to/from Toro Station) + USD 17.81 (per group)
Pick up in Kushiro city/ Drop off at Toro Station + USD 8.91 (per group)Pick up in Kushiro city/ Drop off at Toro Station + USD 8.91 (per group)
Drop off in Kushiro city only + USD 8.91 (per group)Drop off in Kushiro city only + USD 8.91 (per group)
- Inclusion: Canoe Equipment/ Transport during tour
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
05:00-06:00 Pick up Service in Kushiro
06:00 Meet at JR Toro StationPlease select if you wish to be picked up in Kushiro city or will be joining the tour at Toro Station when booking.
Canoe Tour (~ 2 hours)Take a leisurely canoe tour down the Kushiro River, observing the beautiful lush marshlands! Keep your eye out for the water fowl and cute local Ezo deer.
Tour Ends and Drop off in Kushiro
- The Adult fee applies to children in middle school and older.
- Children under the age of 2 are free, however there will be an additional travel accident insurance charge. Please pay on site.
- The tour will pass by an area where Japanese cranes nest. As they are considered a Special National Treasure by the Ministry of the Environment, please follow the guide's instructions. Photography and videotaping are allowed, however cameras are not covered by insurance, so please be careful when using and storing them.
- Transportation to/from Toro from Kushiro is available for an additional fee (1000 JPY one-way). Please select the appropriate option when booking.
- We recommend using the Kushiro Shitsugen Norroko Train and other local trains to get to Toro Station.
- Guests who have not signed up for travel insurance before the tour will be charged a insurance fee of 500 JPY on the day of the tour, to be paid on site.
- Please understand that the tour might be cancelled due to bad weather.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 6.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 20:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.