Canoeing Tour of Biwase River through Kiritappu Wetlands
Enjoy a relaxing canoe tour down the gentle Biwase River. Red-crowned cranes and white-tailed sea eagles may be seen in the marshlands along the banks.
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Transportation between Chanai Station-Pension Porch free (per group)Transportation between Chanai Station-Pension Porch free (per group)
- Inclusion: Experience fee / Rental of life jacket and long boots
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:00 Meet at Pension Porch or pick-up from Chanai Station
13:30 Biwase River CanoeingUsually start from Kotoiso Bridge. This point is narrow and may be thrilling for the beginner.
Biwase River flows through the wetland. As it is a river made by combining some small streams, water flow is slow and even at high tide the water may flow from down to upper stream.
CanoeingReaching the widely open place, getting used to controlling the canoe, you may enjoy and feel the wetland leisurely. Please be careful that some part is very shallow and canoe may be stranded. This is a point where we can often see the Japanese crane.
RestTake a rest in a magnificent scenery and clean air. Only by canoeing you can reach here. And the width of river is getting wider here. Please feel the atmosphere of harmony of people and nature as you see some houses and boat over the wetland.
Final StretchHeading to the sea with a vast view. Please don't forget to take a photo of yourself on a canoe. We have many repeaters, and this tour is quite popular and recommended.
Tour ends at Pension Porch
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please come with comfortable clothes to move. No need to bring anything as the life jacket and long boots are in preparation.
- This activity is operated only in Japanese, however, non Japanese-speaking visitors are welcome.
- For safety purposes depending on the direction of the wind, you may have to make a U-turn or go on a reverse course.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 3.
|Credit card payment|
- No cancellation fee will apply but please make sure to contact us in case of cancellation.