Open Nature Watching Tour in Nemuro
Step into the vast and open wilderness of Hokkaido's Nemuro region, with the huge Lake Furen and seemingly never-ending swathes of wetlands, forest, and more. Half and Full Day courses available.
▼ Read more
Mt. Shunkunitai is knowns as a place of miracles, with an ancient forest. The forest is said to sometimes protect people with abundant blessings. Black woodpeckers fly over Ezo pine trees in this treasure box of Hokkaido nature.
Head to Lake Furen, one of the three largest lakes in Hokkaido and a migratory birds' rest place. You will see seals lying on the ground, swans and ducks eating water plant. In the summer, Japanese cranes flock here and in winter Steller's sea eagle and white-tailed sea eagles. Feel the good and old atmosphere of the ancient at Lake Furen.
Average temperature is 6.1 degrees Celsius, here 2000m above sea level. Wild plants and unusual nature will welcome you. Flocks of seagulls are flying, salmon are swimming in the river. Brown bears are walking proudly. You may also see whales blowing sea water, sea otters and seals as well.
Hokkaido Heritage site, Notsuke Peninsula is more than just rich fishing grounds. Fir and other trees may be bare in the winter, but wild animals and birds are still all around.
Discover the boundless beauty of the World Heritage Site, Shiretoko Peninsula. With pristine mountains, rivers and sea, the scenic beauty seems to never end.
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 05:00 - 23:00 (Show details)
Starting time: 05:00 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00 21:00 22:00 23:00 (Hide details)
05:00 Pick up or Meet at Michi-no-eki Swan 44
Nature Watching TourFrom Notsuke Peninsula to Nemuro Peninsula, you can see the history of the marsh and its natural beauty.
Disband at Michi-no-eki Swan 44 or Drop off at your staying hotel
- All Packages
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- All Packages
- This is an outdoor activity. Please prepare rain wear for sudden changes of weather.
- If you feel sick, please let a guide know immediately.
- Please wear clothes appropriate for hiking. Even in the summer, we recommend long sleeves and long pants .
Please refrain from wearing high heels and mini skirts. In particular, please bring insect repellent.
- Please listen to guide carefully and follow his or her instructions. Do not damage the natural environment. If a guest does not follow instructions, the tour may be ended even after it has started.
- Single participants will be charged a different fee, we appreciate your understanding.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 23:59 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Added to Wish List
Browse by Kushiro/ Akan/ Mashu
Kushiro/ Akan/ Mashu Categories
- Instant Confirmation Tours
- Sightseeing Tours31
- Tours by Language2
- Seasonal Tours9
- Mountain Activities20
- River and Lake Activities18
- Food Culture Experience1
- Marine and Ocean Activities1
- Cultural Experiences1
- Fruit Picking and Farming1
- Shows and Entertainment1
- Transport Services1
- Tour Length 57