Otaru and Shiroi Koibito Park Winter Wonderland Tour from Sapporo
See the Otaru Canal covered in snow, sample tasty sweets and local wine. Then stroll through Shiroi Koibito Park all lit up on this full-day tour from Sapporo. Ideal for couples and families.
See some of Hokkaido's most lovely locations, decorated with a blanket of white snow, on a convenient tour. Visit Shiroi Koibito Park, where the smell of chocolate and sweets fills the air and the Western-style buildings are lit up after dark. Explore the Kitaichi Glass Factory or Venetian Art Museum, and sample local cookies and cakes at sweets shops along the romantic Otaru Canal. Warm up with whiskey from the Nikka Distillery before heading back to Sapporo.
Tour Duration: ~ 6 hours and 35 minutes
▼ Read more
Children under 6 who do not require seats ride free (1 Child x 1 Adult)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Japanese-speaking guide / Shiroi Koibito Park entrance fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:40 Check-in at Sapporo Station Bus Terminal
09:50 Depart from Sapporo Station Bus Terminal
Shiroi Koibito Park (60 mins)This theme park is based around the Shiroi Koibito cookies, Hokkaido's most famous souvenir. Besides sampling some of these white chocolate creations, enjoy the European-style buildings and Christmas decorations in season!
Otaru Canal Terminal (45 mins)Stroll by the retro canal, enlivened by Victorian streetlamps and check out the wealth of pastry and sweets shops nearby. You can also visit the Venetian Art Museum during your free time.
Nikka Whiskey (50 minutes)Visit the distillery of this whiskey brand founded in in the early 20th century. Enjoy the historic buildings as well as the samples of Nikka's famous drink.
16:55 Otaru Station Bus Terminal
17:30 Miyanosawa Station (drop-off point)
17:45 Kita 1 Jounishi 12 Chome (drop-off point)
18:00 Sapporo Clock Tower (drop-off point)
18:05 Check-out at Sapporo Station Bus Terminal
- Please arrive at the check in counter with your printed VELTRA.com voucher at least 15 minutes before the tour departure time.
- For children under the age of 6 who require a seat, please book as 'Child 6-11'.
- At Kitaichi Glass, the bus will stop in front of the Sangokan Building. Please return to the same spot 5 minutes before the bus departure time.
- While in Otaru, show your bus ticket at Kitakaro to get two free Hanamasu no Koi cookies.
- At Otaru Canal, show your ticket to receive discounts on food at Hanagokoro and Otaru Shokudo (not valid for the Kuraya of Otaru Shokudo).
- Shiroi Koibito Park closes at 18:00. If the bus is delayed past 17:00 due to traffic, the tour will not be able to enter the parts of the park which require an entrance fee. I this case we will have a 20 minute break and give guests a small set of Mifuyu sweets.
The production line at Shiroi Koibito Park often stops around 17:00, and is sometimes closed for maintenance. In these cases you may not be able to see the production line in operation.
- Guests will receive a 10 % discount ticket for meals, seafood, produce and crafts, and 5% snack discount ticket for Kita no Ryoba (Otaru Canal Branch) and (Otaru 5 Branch), excluding Chuo Bus original donburi, drinks and alcohol.
- Guests may enjoy a special original menu:
-Chuo Bus Special Donburi: raw sea urchin, Botan shrimp, salmon roe, 1 slice tuna, 1 scallop, flying fish roe, 1 slice squid, 1 slice octopus, 1 slice egg, and 3 slices salmon) plus clam soup for 2,780 JPY.
-Chuo Bus Donburi: (3 slices salmon, salmon roe, 1 scallop, 1 pink shrimp, 1 slice tuna, 1 slice squid, flying fish roe, 1 slice of egg. )plus miso soup for for 1,380 JPY. (Content is subject to change)
- Arrival times may be earlier than scheduled due to holiday breaks or facility rules.
- Depending on traffic or bad weather, the return bus to Sapporo Station may be delayed. Please allow enough time to make connecting transfers.
- Tours may be cancelled due to natural disasters and road closure due to marathon races etc. Please contact us and check the situation with the tour in the event of abnormal weather.
- The duration of sightseeing may be changed due to traffic and the number of passengers.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 2 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of JPY 100 per participant.
- Any cancellations made after 2 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.