Guided Shiretoko Goko Lake Walking Tour (May~October)
Set off on a beautiful walking tour of the five lakes of Shiretoko Goko. Join an experienced and licensed guide through untouched forest, towering mountain peaks and shimmering lakes.
Get in touch with nature on a gentle 3 kilometer trekking tour of the Shiretoko Goko Lakes! Led by an experienced and passionate guide, this is your chance to see the stunning beauty of spring, summer, or early autumn in Hokkaido's true wilderness. With forests, mountains, and lakes that have never seen the touch of human construction, Japan's natural beauty shines.
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Pick-up from Utoro Area Hotels free (per group)Pick-up from Utoro Area Hotels free (per group)
Pick-up and Drop-off at Utoro Area Hotels free (per group)Pick-up and Drop-off at Utoro Area Hotels free (per group)
- Inclusion: Shiretoko Goko Lakes Area Special Conservation and Usage Fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 09:00 - 14:00 (Show details)
08:50 Meet at Shiretoko Arpa Office or Pick-up in Utoro Area
Shiretoko Goko Lakes Walking Tour (3 hours)After a 10 minute lecture about the area and safety procedures, head off on a guided tour of the 3 kilometer circuit of the five lakes.
Shiretoko Goko LakesEnjoy the natural beauty of the untouched ecosystem surrounding the lakes.
Tour ends at Shiretoko Arpa Office of Drop-off in Utoro Area
- The 3 kilometer guided course is set at 3 hours in length and regulations prohibit setting a higher pace.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Long sleeved shirt, hat, comfortable shoes, gloves, backpack, insect repellent, non-sugary drinks (water or tea)
- Long pants
- Rain gear
- We can do pick ups at hotels, ports and highway rest stops in Utoro. Please make sure to specify where you wish to be picked up when booking. We cannot do pick-ups in locations over 40km away from JR Shiretoko-Shari Station.
- No food may be brought on tours, to reduce the risk of attracting bears.
- Rainwear (500 JPY) and boots (free) are available for rental. Sizes and quantities are limited.
- For your own safety, please follow the guide's directions. If you feel unwell, please let the guide know immediately.
- There are no toilet facilities on the trail, so a stop will be made before the start of the tour. The guide will also bring 'portable toilets' (JPY 300).
- Please do not smoke during the tour. Gum and candy are also prohibited.
- The tour may be stopped or cancelled due to the presence of bears or inclement weather, or any other risk to guests.
- While we will take every care for your safety, in the case of injury or illness, we may not be able to cover cases which are not included in the tour insurance.
- Children under 6 years of age may join the tour without a guide fee, but they do count towards the tour limit. In addition, a 100 JPY fee entry to the Shiretoko Goko Lakes area is required.
- The guides can provide basic assistance and guidance services, but are not fluent English speakers, and may use electronic translation applications.
- Due to traffic conditions, tours departing around August 11-15 and September 17-20 will be needing an additional JPY 2,000 per person on site to take a shuttle bus to the Shiretoko Goko Lakes.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
I have always wanted to go to Shiretoko, and was blown away by the beauty of the area and nature. I was able to see deer as well, which I was looking forward to. Despite forgetting bug spray, the gu...more