Guided Shiretoko Peninsula Trek with Ocean Views (April ~ November)
Enjoy the varied sights of the untouched Shiretoko World Heritage Site as you follow an experienced guide through virgin forest and see a mighty waterfall.
Head into the untouched forests of Shiretoko, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and discover the joy of the wilderness on a 4 kilometer tour. Led by an experienced and passionate guide, this is your chance to see the stunning beauty of spring, summer, or autumn in Hokkaido's true outdoor paradise. With forests, mountains, and waterfalls that have never seen the touch of human construction, Japan's natural beauty shines. Make sure to check out the sight of a 100 meter waterfall that spills directly into the ocean!
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Pick-up from Utoro area hotels free (per group)Pick-up from Utoro area hotels free (per group)
Pick-up and drop-off at Utoro area hotels free (per group)Pick-up and drop-off at Utoro area hotels free (per group)
- Inclusion: Guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30 Meet at Shiretoko Arpa Office or Pick-up in Utoro Area
Trekking Tour (~4 kilometers) (3.5 hours)
Primeval Forest and Animal TrailsWalk hidden paths in untouched forest and discover the marks left by woodpeckers and bears. Your guide may even point out some dens where bears winter!
Shiretoko Peninsula Vantage PointPop out of the forest for a wide and sweeping panorama of the seas and cliffs.
Man's Tears WaterfallView the dramatic scene of a waterfall that pours over sheer cliffs and falls more than 100 meters into the ocean. This waterfall is also called the Yunohana, or Flower of the Hot Springs.
Tour ends at Shiretoko Arpa Office of Drop-off in Utoro Area
- Children younger than 10 years old may not participate in this activity due to the nature of the hike.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Long sleeved shirt, hat, comfortable shoes, gloves, backpack, insect repellent, non-sugary drinks (water or tea)
- Long pants
- Rain gear
- We can do pick ups at hotels, ports and highway rest stops in Utoro. Please make sure to specify where you wish to be picked up when booking. We cannot do pick-ups in locations over 40km away from JR Shiretoko-Shari Station.
- Rainwear (500 JPY) and boots (free) are available for rental. Sizes and quantities are limited.
- For your own safety, please follow the guide's directions. If you feel unwell, please let the guide know immediately.
- There are no toilet facilities on the trail, so a stop will be made before the start of the tour. The guide will also bring 'portable toilets' (JPY 300).
- Please do not smoke during the tour. Sweets and gum are also prohibited.
- The tour may be stopped or cancelled due to the presence of bears or inclement weather, or any other risk to guests.
- While we will take every care for your safety, in the case of injury or illness, we may not be able to cover cases which are not included in the tour insurance.
- No food may be brought on tours, to reduce the risk of attracting bears.
- If snow is on the ground, the tour will be changed to a snow walking tour. Free rental of long boots is available.
- The guides can provide basic assistance and guidance services, but are not fluent English speakers, and may use electronic translation applications.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.