Hiking Tour of Shiretoko Goko Five Lakes
The Shiretoko Goko Lakes are one of the top sightseeing areas in Shiretoko. Visit all five mystical lakes which dot the untouched forest landscape.
Enjoy the quiet forests of this beautiful World Heritage Site, where you will be able to see the Shiretoko mountain range reflecting on the surface of the still, clear lakes. Between May 10 to July 31, there will be brown bear activity therefore only guests accompanied by a certified guide will be allowed to visit the Shiretoko Goko Lakes.
▼ Read more
The Adult fee applies to children in middle school and above.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 4 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: You can choose either Pick-up or Check-in (free).
- Inclusion: Insurance / Japanese-speaking guide / Tour fee/ Binocular rental
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30 Meet up at Shiretoko Nature Office or Pick up at your hotel in Utoro
Shiretoko Goko Lakes Tour (~ 4.5 hours)Enjoy a relaxing hike through the untouched forests of Shiretoko, and gaze at the mountains reflected in the clear lakes!
12:30 Tour Ends at Shiretoko Nature Office or Drop off at your hotel in Utoro
- Children in elementary school and older may participate.
- If you are pregnant or have health concerns, please let us know in advance.
We take extra care to avoid danger and ensure your safety. However, we cannot take responsibility for accidents due to carelessness or not listening to the guides.
- 【Transportation Service】
Pick ups and drop offs are available in the Utoro area. (No transportation service is provided for the Shari or Rausu area.)
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please bring long sleeved shirts, long pants, rain wear, hiking shoes, hat, drinks, backpack, bug spray and a towel. Please also prepare sun block, sun glasses, and gloves if necessary.
- Clothes made from man-made, quick-drying material are recommended. Please do not wear jeans, and if you have issues with insect bites please wear pants instead of leggings.
- Spring (Apr~May) and Autumn (Sep~Nov)
The highest temperatures are about 10 ℃~20℃ and the lowest are about 0℃~10℃. Bring warm jackets and thermal wear to keep you warm. Please wear long sleeves and long pants to prevent insect bites.
- Summer (Jun~Aug)
The highest temperatures are about 20℃~35℃, the lowest are about 15℃~20℃. In bad weather, the temperature is only about 10℃~15℃ even during the day, so please make sure to bring long sleeved shirts. We recommend wearing a light long sleeved shirt and long pants to prevent insect bites and getting scratched by branches.
- If there are bear sightings or the nature trail is closed, the tour will be cancelled or the content will be changed.
- The tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. If the tour is cancelled before starting there will be no charges. However, if the tour is cancelled due to a sudden change in weather during the tour there will be no refunds.
- After October 1st the start time of the hike will be earlier, due to the shortening hours of daylight.
- Between May and July the start time may start 30 minutes earlier or later.
- Rental boots (free), rental rain wear (1,000 JPY) is available in case of rain. Please request this option when booking. Fee for rental rain wear (1,000 JPY) is paid on site.
- Tour is run in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 9.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.