Star Gazing Tour in Shiretoko
Thanks to the lack of artificial lights, the stars and moon shine brightly over Shiretoko. Gaze at the heaven's, surrounded by the lush nature of the park.
▼ Read more
The Adult fee applies to children in middle school and above.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 1.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: You can choose either Pick-up or Check-in (free).
- Inclusion: Insurance / Japanese-speaking guide / Tour fee/ Binocular rental
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
20:00 Meet up at Shiretoko Nature Office or Pick up at your hotel in Utoro
Star Gazing Tour (~ 90 mins)Enjoy view of the star-filled sky and moonlight in the forest!
21:30 Tour Ends at Shiretoko Nature Office or Drop off at your hotel in Utoro
- Children in elementary school and older may participate.
- If you are pregnant or have health concerns, please let us know in advance.
We take extra care to avoid danger and ensure your safety. However, we cannot take responsibility for accidents due to carelessness or not listening to the guides.
- 【Transportation Service】
Pick ups and drop offs are available in the Utoro area. (No transportation service is provided for the Shari or Rausu area.)
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please bring long sleeved shirts, long pants, rain wear, hiking shoes, hat, drinks, backpack, bug spray and a towel. Please also prepare sun block, sun glasses, and gloves if necessary.
- Spring (Apr~May) and Autumn (Sep~Nov)
The highest temperatures are about 10 ℃~20℃ and the lowest are about 0℃~10℃. Bring warm jackets and thermal wear to keep you warm. Please wear long sleeves and long pants to prevent insect bites.
- Summer (Jun~Aug)
The highest temperatures are about 20℃~35℃, the lowest are about 15℃~20℃. In bad weather, the temperature is only about 10℃~15℃ even during the day, so please make sure to bring long sleeved shirts. We recommend wearing a light long sleeved shirt and long pants to prevent insect bites and getting scratched by branches.
- Clothes made from man-made, quick-drying material are recommended. Please do not wear jeans, and if you have issues with insect bites please wear pants instead of leggings.
- The tour may be cancelled due to weather conditions. If the tour is cancelled before starting there will be no charges. However, if the tour is cancelled due to a sudden change in weather during the tour there will be no refunds.
- Conditions may change depending on the moon cycles. On evenings with a very bright moon, it may be difficult to see the stars.
- Depending on sky and weather conditions, this tour may have to be substituted with a animal night safari. The change may be at the last minute, so we ask for your understanding in this matter.
- Tour is run in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 9.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||1.5 hour(s)|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
by: Jokye and Rillie
Tour on the stipulated date was cancelled due to bad weather. However, when we dropped by the office, the staff was nice and helpful, and arranged the tour on another date for us. Instead of it being...more