Teshio River Half Day Canoeing Tour in Bifuka
Canoe along the Teshio River, surrounded by the lush nature and water birds of Hokkaido. In fall, you can even see salmon going upstream!
This course is recommended for people with intermediate canoeing skills as the course has a variety of natural weirs, rocks, rapids and steep streams to keep your tour interesting!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 09:00 - 13:00 (Show details)
09:00 Meet at Bifuka Bridge Canoe Port
Canoe Adventure Starts! (~3.5 hours)The 11km course will take you from the Bifuka bridge canoe port to Bifuka Island which is next to the Bifuka hot springs. Enjoy the thrill of the rapids, and watch as the beautiful scenery streams by. Keep an eye our for the local water fowl too!
Tour Ends at Bifuka Island Canoe Port
- Guests under the age of 18 must participate with a parent or guardian.
- For safety reasons, to participate in this tour guests need to be able to speak and understand at least basic Japanese.
- Children 5 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please take off jewelry or non-waterproof watches before taking part in the canoe tour.
- Please try not to bring valuables, cameras and mobile phones which are not waterproof. We cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage of property.
- If you wear glasses, please use a loop or band to ensure they do not get knocked off.
- Please do not wear jeans or cotton clothing, which become heavy when wet.
- We recommend clothes made of fast-drying materials (such as polypropylene, polartec, etc.) as they will allow you to move easily, and do not get heavy or cold when wet.
- Please wear clothes that you do not mind getting wet, such as athletic gear (T-shirts and shorts in summer), hat, towel, and shoes (sandals and rubber boots are not allowed).
- Please also bring rain gear, extra towels and extra socks.
- Tour may be cancelled if the guide decides the weather or water level are dangerous.
- As this is a nature tour, unexpected circumstances may occur. Please follow the guide's directions and take responsibility for your own behavior.
(We will require you to sign a consent form on the day of tour.)
- The included accident insurance is very basic, so you may wish to take on additional insurance.
- This tour is held only in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 15.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.