Teshio River Canoeing Adventure to Osashima
Starting by the Teshiogawa Hot Springs and going to Osashima, this pleasant canoe tour will give you a taste for the wild beauty of Hokkaido!
Osashima is where the name of 'Hokkaido' originated! In 1857, an explorer named Takeshiro Matsuura thought out the name of 'Hokkaido' here by a command of theTokugawa shogunate. Check out the monument commemorating this naming.
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
JR Bifuka Station free (per group)JR Bifuka Station free (per group)
- Inclusion: Tour fee / Canoeing equipment/ Life jacket / Accident insurance
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:00 Pick Up at Bifuka Station or Meet at Teshiogawa Hot Spring
Canoeing Time! (~ 5 hours)Canoe from Teshiogawa to the place where Hokkaido was named! Enjoy the clear water and stunning landscape on the way.
Our staff will drop you off at Teshiogawa Hot Spring or Bifuka Station
- For safety reasons, to participate in this tour guests need to be able to speak and understand at least basic Japanese.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please take off your accessories or watches without waterproof function.
- Refrain from bringing expensive items, or cameras and cell phones without waterproof function. (We do not compensate for any damage to such items.)
- If you wear eyeglasses, please attach a strap to them to prevent them from falling off.
- Jeans and cotton pants are not suitable for a canoeing, because they become heavy when wet.
- We recommend clothes made from stretchy, comfortable, and fast drying materials in which you don't feel cold when wet such as polypropylene.
- Please wear sportswear (a t-shirt and short pants in summer) made with fast drying materials, a hat or cap, towels, sports shoes (sandals and rubber boots strictly prohibited.)
- Please bring rain wear, a bath towel, and socks.
- We recommend you wear canoeing gloves, because this is a long -distance course.
- The activity may be canceled if guides deem it to be dangerous due to bad weather or river conditions.
- Unexpected incidents may occur in outdoor activities like this.
Please abide by the instructions of the guide, and be sure to refrain from dangerous behavior.
- The accident insurance included in the price of this tour is a basic. If you want additional coverage, please take out additional accident insurance for yourself.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 15.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.