Private Guided Zen Buddhist Temple Tour in Kamakura
Make your way to one of Japan's most beautiful spots and learn about the history and practices of Zen Buddhism in the peaceful town of Kamakura.
Explore the ancient capital of Kamakura, and visit the Zen Buddhist temples hidden away within the white sandy beaches and the tree covered hills. Take a meditative tour with your knowledgeable guide who will explain the history and the structure of the beautiful temples and gardens. Appreciate the scenery of Engakuji Temple or listen to the sound of dripping water at Meigetsuin Temple. Be at ease as you learn the way of Zen in this historical city, the perfect day trip from Tokyo or Yokohama.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:30 Meet at Kamakura Station
Engakuji TempleMake your way to one of he most important Zen Buddhist temples in Japan. Explore the many national treasures from statues to the Great Bell.
Meigetsuin TempleGaze out of the circular window from a comfortable tatami mat. During late spring, you may be able to catch the beautiful hydrangea garden as well.
Tokeiji TempleExamine ancient documents to learn the history behind the women of the Edo era who came to seek shelter in this temple along with other calligraphic works.
12:30 Tour Ends at Kamakura Station
- Our services are mainly offered in English, but Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Korean and Portuguese are also available.
- Fees for transportation during the tour are included. However, for the use of taxis or hired cars there will be additional charges.
- Meals, beverages and sightseeing activities are not included.
- Please follow the guide's instructions during the program to make sure you do not get into any accidents.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 15 business days to 18:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 3 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.