Traditional Hand-Dyeing Workshop Kyo-Yuzen Course in a Machiya (Level 1)
The art of Kyo-Yuzen has been a part of the crafting culture of Kyoto
for hundreds of years. Now you too can create a one-of-a-kind hand-dyed work of art.
Special Gift For Children! (until 2016/12/31)
For children in elementary school and under will receive a cute pair of socks or badge with a Kyoto-style design!
Applicable for children in elementary school and under that has made bookings through VELTRA only.
Using paper stencils and ink, layers of color are carefully brushed onto fabric. Designs range from realistic flowers and plants to abstract designs. Sit with the craftsmen as they help you create Kyo-Yuzen pieces, such as handkerchiefs, mobile phone cases or Japanese fans. "
Fabric: polyester chirimen
- Available: Daily
- Schedule: for all packages
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Japanese-speaking instructor / Kyo-Yuzen instructions in Japanese, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and English / Kyo-Yuzen materials / Souvenir
Time & Location
Time & Location
Arrive at Marumasu-Nishimuraya
Choose your material and color
Choose your design
Create your design using the design sheets and a brush
By layering the designs, complete your unique work of art!
- All Packages
- The Marumasu-Nishimuraya is open daily (excluding Jan 1st to 3rd) from 09:00 - 17:00. All courses end at 19:00 and one project will take approximately 1 - 1.5 hours to complete.
- For groups of 6-19 people, please reserve your activity at least 4 days in advance. For groups of 20 or more, please reserve your activity at least 14 days in advance.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese, however for small groups, lessons can be held in simple English with English pamphlets and gestures.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Instant Confirmation Tours
- Maiko and Geisha33
- Sightseeing Tours51
- Tours by Language93
- Cultural Experiences87
- Seasonal Tours7
- Food Culture Experience39
- Shows and Entertainment8
- World Heritage Sites2
- Pop Culture Experiences1
- Transport Services2
- Wifi Routers and SIM Cards3
- Amusement Parks2
- Museums and Learning3
- Driving and Riding Activities7
- Air Sports8
- Mountain Activities3
- Tour Length 178