Private Dinner with a Kyoto Maiko at Nishijin Tondaya with English Support
Meet one of Kyoto's lovely maiko, who will dance and provide traditional Japanese style hospitality during a private dinner at the Nishijin Tondaya machiya townhouse.
In 1999 Nishijin Tondaya was designated as a cultural asset of Japan, and now is dedicated to preserving the historic customs of the women of Kyoto. After your tour of the beautiful machiya, sit down for an elegant dinner of Kyoto cuisine with maiko entertainment, including a traditional dance performance. English interpretation is available, providing a fantastic chance to learn about the world of the geisha and experience this iconic part of Kyoto's culture.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
17:30 Meet at Nishijin Tondaya
18:00 Nishijin Tondaya TourTour the historic building and learn about the cultured arts carefully passed down from generation to generation.
Dinner and Maiko ShowEnjoy both a meal of Kyo Ryori, local Kyoto cuisine, and a performance of classical Japanese dance by a Maiko.
*The dinner and show end at 20:00, with no extensions available.
20:00 Finish at Nishijin Tondaya
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Entry to Nishijin Tondaya requires socks. You must wear or bring a pair with you.
- Due to the busy schedule of the maiko, we cannot accept reservations at different times, nor offer extensions to the time of the dinner or show.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the activity is scheduled to begin.
- Drinks are not included in the tour price.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 2 and maximum of 60.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after the booking confirmation date will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
friendly staff - talented Maiko - authentic century old merchant house & delicious kyoto cuisine! if i had to said it in a few words, i won't use a better way! wonderful moment with Umechie-san, and T...more