Traditional Zogan Inlay Handicraft Lesson in Kyoto
Kyoto zogan inlay is a traditional craft using stamped parts of pure silver or pure gold to decorate an iron plate. Create your own pendant or braided strap as a lovely gift or souvenir.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:30 Meet at Kyoto Handicraft Center
Zogan Lesson (Duration: ~1 hour)
InlayingIn this lesson, you will do ‘inlaying,’ one of the number of processes of Zogan. After an explanation on Zogan craft and its processes, you will arrange and inlay bits of pure silver and gold which have been stamped out in various patterns into an iron base.
ZoganZogan uses a range of materials including pure gold, pure silver, lacquer, and more to add delicate and beautiful adornments to a range of items.
FinishingFinishing work, to help enhance the piece, will be performed on your work by an experienced artisan.
ShippingYour work will be made into a pendant or a braid strap, and sent to you in about 1 month. We hope you will enjoy your original pendant or strap!
11:30 Check-out at Kyoto Handicraft Center
- Middle school students and above can participate in this activity.
- An extra fee will be charged if you need us to send your work overseas.
- We will make your work into a pendant or a braid strap, and send it to you in about 1 month.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 10.
|Credit card payment|
- We do not charge any cancellation fees, but please be sure to let us know beforehand if you wish to cancel the activity.