Beginner Friendly Japanese Shodo Calligraphy Lesson in Kyoto
Experience the art and culture of Japanese calligraphy in Kyoto. An introductory lesson will be given by an experienced teacher to write with a brush and ink.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 1.5 hour(s)
- Available: Fri
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking assistant / japanese-speaking instructor / Activity fee / Practice tracing equipment / 20 pieces of Japanese writing paper / 2 pieces of hard writing board / 1 hanging scroll / A set of calligraphy tools (thick brush, paperweight, underlay, liquid ink, ink bar) / Bag to take home
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:00 Meet at Seisho Shohokai Kyoto School
Begin Calligraphy LessonGet a hands-on experience at writing with a brush on paper. First time writers are welcome to try!
Point 1Begin by tracing simple characters. A guide sheet will be provided and the instructor will be around to assist you.
Point 2Learn about the tools and equipment used in calligraphy.
Point 3Take a memorable photo carrying the large brush.
FinishedYou can attach your work to a hanging scroll (included in the plan) to display it in your room!
11:30 Activity Ends at Seisho Shohokai Kyoto School
- Children 6 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Please be on time. Lessons will not be extended in the case of any tardiness.
- If you happen to get lost, please call the phone number listed on your VELTRA voucher.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 10.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 17:00 local time, 8 business days to 17:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.