Evening Walking Tour of Kyoto's Traditional and Modern Nightlife
Get a taste of Kyoto after dark! See the lantern-filled lanes of Gion and Pontocho. Find out where to grab a drink, which food stalls near Yasaka Shrine are the best and enjoy Kyoto's nightlife.
Your English-speaking guide will bring you around Kyoto for an introduction to the ancient capital's most lovely spots to see in the evening, and see how traditional and modern Kyoto intersect. View the many lanterns lighting the way in the geisha districts, try various Japanese snacks and drinks in tachinomiya shops, and spot geisha and maiko on their way to appointments in tea houses.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
18:20 Meet Up In Front of Gion Corner
18:30 Minamiza Theatre in GionStart the evening by seeing the famous kabuki theatre, Minamiza. As it is located in the geisha district of Gion, there is a good chance you'll see some geisha or maiko on their way to entertain.
Yasaka ShrineAlso known as Gion Shrine, this shrine is perhaps even prettier at night. Enjoy a lively atmosphere with lanterns and many street food stalls that draw lots of people in search of tasty street food.
Crossing into Pontocho Over the Kamo RiverAfter taking a walk past Kyoto's bars and clubs, important parts of modern nightlife, cross over the Kamo River into the little lanes of Pontocho. This district is full of restaurants, tea houses and is beautifully lit by lanterns.
TeramachiThis big shopping street is the next stop on the tour. Enjoy a range of goods from things like manga to high-quality cooking supplies.
Tachinomiya at Nishiki Food MarketTachinomiya, small shops where you stand, drink and eat snacks, are numerous in this market. You'll also find plenty of interesting street food, vegetables, seafood and more.
22:00 Tour Disbands at Shijo-Karasuma Station
- People 20 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Personal items, additional food and drinks, transportation to and from the meeting point, tips for your guide and souvenirs are not included in the price of this tour.
- As tour participants will briefly visit a shrine, clothing that covers the shoulders and the knees is recommended.
- The maximum number of participants per tour is 12 people.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.