Small Group Beginner's Peaceful Tea Ceremony Experience in Nara
Soothe your mind with an elegant and peaceful tea ceremony in historic Nara, a short walk from Todaiji Temple. Located in a Showa era building, this tea ceremony takes you back to a quieter time.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 1 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Tea ceremony fee / Instructional materials
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:00 Meet at Kanrinan
Tea Ceremony (~1 hour)Learn the basics of this elegant form of Japanese hospitality as the instructor prepares deep green tea for you. Calm your mind and relax in the peaceful atmosphere.
Traditional PreparationEach step of the tea ceremony is practiced and refined, to create the utmost in hospitality. Watch as your instructor carefully and meticulously prepares the matcha green tea, sets out the sweets, and guides the ceremony smoothly along.
Japanese SweetsThe startlingly direct sweetness of the cute and seasonal sweets is perfectly chosen to balance the rich green tea. The matcha tea used in the tea ceremony is quite strong, creating a unique balance between bitterness and sweetness during the ceremony.
11:00 Tea Ceremony Experience ends at Kanrinan
- Children of all ages are welcome to the tea ceremony.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please wear everyday clothing. We will prepare everything needed for the tea ceremony.
- English language materials explaining the tea ceremony are available.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 5.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 17:00 local time, 6 business days to 17:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.