Zazen Meditation with Monk Guide at Gangoji Temple in Nara City
Visit one of the Seven Great Buddhist Temples and discover the history and culture of Nara. A great opportunity to also experience Zazen meditation with your monk guide!
Winter in Nara is a magical time as National Treasures are displayed and sealed shrines are opened to visit. Enjoy a special limited time tour led by a priest or monk of the temple or shrine, and discover the secret side of Japan.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:50 Meet at Gangoji Temple
Check-in at Administrative OfficePlease come between 9:30-9:50.
10:00 Gangoji Temple (Approx. 60 min.)Gangoji temple is known as one of the Seven Great Temples and one of the oldest Buddhist temples of Japan. Take part in a special zazen meditation session at this historical location with your monk guide.
Tour RouteSpecial prayer within the Gokuraku-dou Hall -> Zazen meditation within the Zazen Room, designated as a National Treasure
11:00 Tour Ends at Gangoji Temple
- If less than 6 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- Guests are asked to refrain from eating, drinking, or taking photographs in designated areas.
- Please refrain from loud conversations or talking during the tours. Help us maintain a quiet atmosphere during this special tour.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.