Unique Giant Tea Ceremony and Saidaiji Temple Tour in Nara City
At Saidaiji Temple experience a one-of-a-kind tea ceremony using a giant 30 cm cup, and see the rare Aizen Myo-o deity statue in a public presentation ceremony for a true 'only-in-Nara' experience!
Winter in Nara is a magical time as National Treasures are displayed and sealed shrines are opened to visit. Enjoy a special limited time tour led by a priest or monk of the temple or shrine, and discover the secret side of Japan.
▼ Read more
Participants in Middle School and above will need an Adult fare
- Duration: 2 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Japanese-speaking guide / Guide fee / Temple entry fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:50 Meet at Saidaiji Temple
Check-in at Shioudou HallPlease come between 13:30 - 13:50.
14:00 Saidaiji Temple (Approx. 90 min.)With Todaiji Temple in the East, Saidaiji Temple is known as the temple of the West. See the Aizen Myo-o statue being presented to the public, a rare event. Then, join in on the unique tea ceremony with a giant 30 cm cup that is passed around among the participants!
Tour RouteShioudou Hall -> National Treasure hall -> Main prayer hall -> Koumyo Hall (Tea ceremony) -> Aizen Hall
15:30 Tour Ends at Saidaiji Temple
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Guests are asked to refrain from eating, drinking, or taking photographs in designated areas.
- Please refrain from loud conversations or talking during the tours. Help us maintain a quiet atmosphere during this special tour.
- No flammable objects may be brought into the temple.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.