Half Day Bus Tour of Nara's Top Three World Heritage Sites
This easy morning tour will take you to Nara's most famous World Heritage Sites, including Todaiji Temple, Kasuga Taisha Shrine, and Koufukuji Temple. You can even meet the city's cute deer!
▼ Read more
Please understand that due to the 60th ceremonial reconstruction after 20 years, the itinerary for Kasuga Taisha may differ from the original tour due to area closures.
Middle school students: Adult fare / Kids under 6 who do not require seats: Free
- Available: Daily
Board at JR Nara Station at 9:05 free x per personBoard at JR Nara Station at 9:05 free x per person
Board at Kintetsu Nara Station at 9:10 free x per personBoard at Kintetsu Nara Station at 9:10 free x per person
- Inclusion: Bus fare / English audio guide / Japanese-speaking guide / Entrance fees for Todaiji Daigutsuden & Kofukuji National Treausre House / Souvenir
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:05-09:10 Start from JR Nara Station (at 9:05) or Kintetsu Nara Station (9:10)
Check in at the information center by 20 minutes before the bus departure time
Todaiji TempleMarvel at the size of the Great Buddha, and stroll beneath the eaves of this towering wooden structure.
Kasuga Taisha ShrineExplore the grounds of this colorful shrine, which is famous for the thousands of lanterns that line it. The Nara deer are thought to be messengers of the god of this shrine!
Kofukuji Treasure HouseThe guide will take you through the inner temple, around the lake and finally to the Treasure House. As the tour ends here, feel free to check out the exhibits at your own pace.
Tour Ends at Kofukuji Treasure House (Approx 3 hours)
- Please check in at the sightseeing bus information center (in JR Nara Station or Kintetsu Nara Station) by 20 minutes before the bus departs.
- Children under 6 years old can ride free of charge. But, if the child requires their own seat, the elementary school child fare applies.
- A Japanese speaking bus guide will attend the tour.
- Please understand there may be reconstruction around the buildings or the statues of Buddha you visit, so there may be cases where the buildings are not completely visible.
- The places or the order of your visit may be changed. Also there may be some delays due to road conditions.
- Please note that smoking is prohibited in the bus.
- Please allow yourself enough time, for there may be some delays due to road conditions
- This tour will end at Kofukuji and will not return to the starting location.
You can use regular buses to Kintetsu or JR Nara Station using a free ticket provided to guests on this tour (1 ticket per person)
- English and Chinese voice guidance available. (Please understand that we have only a limited number of them.)
- This is a half day course without lunch.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 7.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of JPY 100.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.