Full-Day Historic Bus Tour of Japan's First Shrines and Temples in Nara
Tour through the rich history of Nara and visit Japan's first Shinto shrine and Buddhist temples. Discover the philosophy through visits to the Omiwa Shrine, Asuka Temple and many more.
▼ Read more
Middle school students: Adult fare / Kids under 6 who do not require seats: Free
- Available: Daily
Board from JR Nara Station at 9:10. free x per personBoard from JR Nara Station at 9:10. free x per person
Board from Kintetsu Nara Station at 9:15. free x per personBoard from Kintetsu Nara Station at 9:15. free x per person
- Inclusion: Bus fare / Guiding fee / Ishibutai Kofun Tomb admission / Asukadera Temple admission / Tachibanadera Temple admission
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:10-09:15 Start from JR Nara Station (at 9:10), or Kintetsu Nara Station (9:15)
Check in at bus information center by 20 minutes before the bus departure time
Omiwa ShrineHead up to Mount Miwa where the Omiwa shrine stands. Discover the history of one of the first Shinto shrines of Japan and see the unique Triple Torii Gates.
Ishibutai Kofun TombExplore the colossal ancient burial mound believed to be the tomb of Soga no Umako, one of the associates of Prince Shotoku.
There is approximately 50-minutes for lunch after your visit to the Ishibutai Kofun Tomb. There are restaurants such as Asukano or Dream City Chaya near by.
Asuka TempleTour around one of Japan's oldest Buddhist temple, which is said to be built by the orders of Soga no Umako.
Tachibana TempleThis location is said to be the birthplace of Prince Shotoku.
Tour End PointsKintetsu Nara (Arrive at 16:15)
JR Nara Station (Arrive at 16:20)
Tour Ends (Approx 7 hours)
- Please check in at the sightseeing bus information center in JR or Kintetsu or Nara Statioin by 20 minutes before the bus starts.
- Children under 6 years old can ride free of charge. But, if a child uses a seat alone, elementary school child fare will be charged.
- A Japanese speaking bus guide will attend the tour.
- Please understand there may be construction works around the buildings or the statues of Buddha you visit, so there may be cases where the scenery may be different from usual, or you cannot see them.
- The places or the order of your visit may be changed. Also there may be some delay due to road conditions.
- Please note that smoking is prohibited in the bus.
- Please allow yourself enough time, for there may be some delay due to road conditions
- Please understand that there may be days the Mitsu-Torii Gates of the Omiwa Shrine will be closed due to Shinto rituals.
- Lunch fee is not included.
- The vehicle will be the same as in Course L3.
- Drop-offs are available at the Kintetsu Kashihara Jingu Mae Station (Arrival at approximately 14:55). Please let us know if you wish to do so when booking.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 7.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of JPY 100.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.