Half Day Bus Tour to Horyuji and Chuguji Temple Visits in Ikaruga from Nara
Take a comfortable bus ride to explore one of the most famous temples of Nara, ancient Horyuji. Trace the history of the Ikaruga area all the way to Prince Shotoku, dating back to the sixth century.
▼ Read more
Middle school students: Adult fare / Kids under 6 who do not require seats: Free
- Available: Daily
Depart from JR Nara Station (9:55) free x per personDepart from JR Nara Station (9:55) free x per person
Depart from Kintetsu Nara Station (10:00) free x per personDepart from Kintetsu Nara Station (10:00) free x per person
- Inclusion: Bus fare / Japanese-speaking guide / Horyuji Temple admission / Chuguji Temple admission
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:55-10:00 Start from JR Nara Station (at 9:55), or Kintetsu Nara Staion (10:00)
Check in at the bus information center by 20 minutes before the bus starts.
Horyuji TempleTour around one of the symbols of Nara, the five story pagoda of Horyuji temple. Explore the famous World Heritage site with many artifacts and national treasures within the Golden Pavillion and Yumenodo (The Hall of Dreams).
Please note that the central gate will be closed due to construction.
Chuguji TempleMake your way to the north of Horyuji temple to the ancient nunnery, dating back to the seventh century.
Tour Ends at Horyuji Temple (About 2 hours 45 min)
- Please check in at the sightseeing bus information center in JR or Kintetsu or Nara Statioin by 20 minutes before the bus starts.
- Children under 6 years old can ride free of charge. But, if a child uses a seat alone, elementary school child fare will be charged.
- A Japanese speaking bus guide will attend the tour.
- Please understand there may be construction works around the buildings or the statues of Buddha you visit, so there may be cases where the scenery may be different from usual, or you cannot see them.
- The places or the order of your visit may be changed. Also there may be some delay due to road conditions.
- Please note that smoking is prohibited in the bus.
- Please allow yourself enough time, for there may be some delay due to road conditions
- The tour will end at Ikaruga area, but please note that your return trip is not included in the tour fare. Feel free to take your time to explore.
- You may use the limited bus once with your ticket in the following areas.
1. Between Horyuji Mon Mae to Horyuji Station bound for JR Horyu-ji Station
2. Between Horyuji Mae to Tsutsui Station bound for Kintetsu Tsutsui Station
3. Between Horyuji Mae to JR Oji Station bound for JR Oji Station, Kintetsu Oji Station, or Shin-Oji Station
- The vehicle will be the same as in Course C.
- Please note that parts of the Horyuji Temple will be under construction and will not be accessible.
- This is a half day course without lunch.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 7.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of JPY 100.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.