Special Seat for the Kasuga Wakamiya Onmatsuri Festival Ceremonies in Nara
Enjoy special seats for the Wakamiya Festival at Kasugataisha Shrine. Begun in 1136, this traditional festival has continued for 880 years! This year's festival is on December 16th.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
21:50 Check-in at Kasugataisha Shrine 60th Shikinenzotai Tour Desk
22:00 ~02:00 Senko no Gi and AkatsukisaiAfter midnight, all the lights are turned off the Wakamiya statue is moved to the Otabisho Provisional Shrine. After being settled into the Provisional Shrine the Akatsukisai starts with a congratulatory address and sacred Shinto music and dancing dedicated to the occasion.
Planned RouteKurumayadori -> Kanko no Gi ceremony from the Ninotorii gate -> Akatsukisai
12:00 ~13:00 Owatarishiki Ceremony
14:30 Otabishosai (Shinyu)The parade features groups in the traditional attire of a range of times, from the Edo era all the way back to the Heian era. See the traditions, clothing, and styles of Japanese history brought to life.
Tour ends at the parade site
- Children ages 6 and over may join this tour.
- If less than 5 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Hotel fees are not included in this activity's price.
- There are no restroom facilities available during the tour. Please use the facilities in the parking area.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.