Nahra River Adventure Canoe Tour on Iriomote
Get outdoors on a full day combination of canoeing through mangrove forests and trekking in the jungle in the tropical paradise of Okinawa's Iriomote Island.
▼ Read more
Child fare for elementary students and younger.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 8.5 - 9 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
Hotel or Ports in the Shirahama to Takana areas free (per group)Hotel or Ports in the Shirahama to Takana areas free (per group)
- Inclusion: English-speaking assistant / Japanese-speaking guide / Guide fee / Kayak rental / Insurance fee / Lunch
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:00-08:30 Pick-up from Hotel or Shirahama-Takana District Ports
09:00 Tour Instructions
10:00 Mangrove CanoeingPaddle along the gnarled roots of the mangroves and observe the bounty of nature.
The tour starts early in the morning, so in fine weather, you can see sunshine pouring and reflecting on the surface of the river water as if enveloping you.
11:00 Jungle CruisingSunlight filtering through foliage lights up your feet.
12:30 Jungle TrekkingEnjoy the sunlight filtering through clouds as you hike through the forest.
13:00 Nahra WaterfallsArrive at the plunge basin of the Nahra fall, play in water, and take a rest.
14:00 Jungle TrekkingWalk in the sunlight filtering through foliage and listen to the murmur of the river.
14:30 Canoeing through the mangrove forest
16:30 Return to Shirahama Port
17:00 Drop-off at hotels or Port
- Children 11 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- You cannot come to Iriomote Island from Taketomi Island and Kohama Island during the period between October 1 to March 31.
- Pick-up and drop-off service is for the Shirahama to Takana areas, and includes hotels or ports. Please let us know your requested locations when booking.
- Please make sure to call the number on the voucher at 18:00~19:00 the day before the tour. If you get an answering machine, please record "your name," "name of the tour you booked," and "number of people." We will call you back.
We will check:
Reconfirmation of the name of the tour course, the pick-up and drop-off place and pick-up time, your contact number in case of emergency such as sudden weather change, and whether you join the tour following day.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Swimwear, marine boots or sneakers to wet (no beach sandals or sport sandals because they are not safe), hats with tying strings, gloves, rain coat and pants, sunglasses.
- Clothes in summer (April-October):
Long sleeve synthetic shirt
Pants that extend below the knee, and are made of synthetic fibers
No jeans allowed.
- Clothes in winter (November-March);
Shirt or wind-resistant rash guard
Pants made of synthetic fibers
*No jeans allowed.
Outer clothes (thin fleece and windbreaker or raincoat)
- If you wear contact lenses:
According to the weather on the day, have goggle or sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- If you bring a camera, have waterproof one. Baggage will get wet from splash for sure. Dropping into the water is a considerable risk. Please be careful.
- Using toilet during tour:
No toilet in the venue, please have plastic bags and toilet paper.
Never leave the used paper, take back in plastic bag.
- Ferry fare to Iriomote island is not included in the price.
- Schedule may change due to the weather and tidal conditions.
- This tour will be held primarily in Japanese but some English assistance is available.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.