Mangrove Kayak Eco Tour on the Okukubi River from OnnaSALE
Paddle along the tropical Okukubi River, where countless mangrove trees grow and fish swim, on a family friendly eco tour perfect for all ages.
Kayaking may look tough, but skimming over the river is actually very smooth. With detailed instruction from your guide, you will be paddling the warm river soon. This tour is also family friendly, and suitable for children 3 and up! Kayaking in the mangroves is a fun and exciting way to learn about this complex ecosystem. Enjoy the lively and unique atmosphere while learning from a knowledgeable guide as you drift on the Okukubi River.
Mangrove tours require certain water depths to operate. Please confirm the start times available on the day of your tour.
Start times are available here.
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off for Onna City hotels only free (per group)Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off for Onna City hotels only free (per group)
- Inclusion: Kayak / Rain wear / Life jacket / Marine boots / Shower / Drink / Insurance
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 07:00 - 15:00 (Show details)
07:00 Check-in at Good Life or Pick-up from Hotel
Departure Preparation (20 minutes)Sign in, change clothes, get briefed on the day, and get ready to start!
Kayak PreparationLearn the proper way to paddle and use your kayak, and learn about the ecosystem of the mangroves.
Kayak to the MangrovesPut theory into practice as you head for the tour area on the Okukubi River.
Kayak Tour (70 minutes)Skim over the water on an informative and fun tour that the whole family can join!
Mangrove ExplorationTry to spot the unique creatures of the mangroves, like the goby fish.
Return to Good LifeOnce back, enjoy a warm shower and change clothes, then receive your CD with the day's pictures!
Check-out at Good Life or Drop-off at Hotel
- Please understand that this tour is for participants that understand enough Japanese to communicate with the staff.
- Tours are for ages 3 and up.
- Mangrove tours require certain water depths to operate. Please make sure your desired start time is available on the day of your tour.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- A change of clothes and bath towel (A shower station will be available after the tour)
- Clothes you do not mind getting wet (T-shirt, shorts)
During the tour your bottom half of your body will get wet. There will be marine shoes available for rent for free at the tour location.
- Please wear your bathing suit or clothes you do not mind getting wet in advance.
- Rain wear on rainy days or a wind breaker on cooler days. Please do not bring umbrellas.
Two-piece rain wear and wet suit is available for rent for free.
- Check-in and check-out are at the Good Life Shop. Transport is provided from the shop to the departure point.
- While kayaking, you may wear glasses or contact lenses.
- The free shuttle can pick you up at the following hotels (for unlisted hotels, please ask when booking): Renaissance Resort Okinawa, Sunset Hill, Hotel Moon Beach, Onna Marine View Palace, Kafuu Resort Fukachu, Sun Marina Hotel, Rizzan Sea Park Hotel, ANA Intercontinental Manza Beach Resort, Oriental Hills Okinawa, The Atta Terrace, Hotel Miyuki Beach, Okinawa Kariyushi Beach Resort, Spa Resort Exes, Okinawa Marriot Resort&Spa, The Busena Terrace, Kise Beach Palace, AJ Kouki Resort Hotel.
- Life jackets must be worn on this tour.
- Domestic travel accident insurance is included.
- The tour/activity schedule is subject to change.
- The provided sea kayaks are seated 2 person models. Kayaks can hold up to 3 individuals including children.
- Participants may be asked to share a kayak with members of other groups or guides.
- If you need to cancel due to illness, please let us know as soon as possible.
- There is only 1 restroom in the shop and will likely to become crowded. We recommend you to use the restroom before coming to the shop.
- In the case of rain and conditions of the sea, you will receive a call the day before or by 8 AM on the day of your tour regarding any changes or cancellations. Please understand if the tour is suddenly cancelled after your arrival.
- Please contact us promptly for any changes or cancellations of your tour.
- There will be one CD-R per group with photo data of your tour. Please understand that this is a free service with a limited amount of supplies.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.