Classic Indigo Blue Tie-dye Aizome Experience in Okinawa World
Learn the traditional method of blue tie-dyeing known as Aizome. Create and design your own handkerchief using the natural indigo dye obtained from plants.
▼ Read more
High school and above will be charged an adult fare.
- Duration: 2.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Experience Fee / Admission to Okinawa World / Tour guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 09:00 - 16:00 (Show details)
Starting time: 09:00 09:30 10:00 10:30 11:00 11:30 12:00 12:30 13:00 13:30 14:00 14:30 15:00 15:30 16:00 (Hide details)
08:50 Meet at Okinawa World
Aizome Experience (Approx 30 min.)Create your very own handkerchief using a special plant grown in Okinawa that creates a beautiful blue tone like the sea. You will be able to take home your completed piece on the same day.
Gyokusen Cave (Approx 40 min.)Take a walk through the Gyokusen cave that was said to be created over 30,000 years ago! Explore the 1,000,000 stalactites and stalagmites within the cave.
Ryukyu Village (Approx 50 min.)Walk through a replicated village of the Ryukyu kingdom from 100 years ago. Inside the houses, traditional crafts and activities are being held.
11:00 Tour Ends in Okinawa World
- Child fare is from 4 years of age to middle school.
- The admission fee for Okinawa World does not include the Okinawan Viper Park. The entry fee will be 620 JPY for adults and 310 JPY for children.
- This tour is operated entirely in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 5.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 15:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.