Whale Watching around the Kerama Islands from Naha (Jan 7-Mar 31)
In winter Okinawa is famous as a migration spot for families of wild humpback whales. Join the cruise to see them splashing around playfully in their natural habitat, an unforgettable experience!
Every year, humpback whales take a long journey from the cold North Pole to the warm seas around the Kerama Islands to give birth and care for their young. Watch the dynamic behavior of the whales as they swim by the boat and communicate by tail slapping and breaching. Book early to make sure you don't miss this splendid natural Okinawan spectacle.
▼ Read more
Enjoy a private whale watching cruise on a chartered cruiser for you and your group. Watch the majestic mammals comfortably on a spacious boat.
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30 Meet at Miegusuku Port (Approx 3.5 hours)
09:00 Boat Departs
Whale Watching CRuiseSearch for the whales with your group and get a feel for the size and power of these beautiful creatures. Watch as they swim and breach just a short distance away from the boat!
12:00 Tour Ends at Miegusuku Port
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- All Packages
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Anti-nausea medicine if needed. Medicine is available for purchase at the tour site as well.
FAQPayment/Cancellation policyPayment type
- All Packages
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- Unlike the summer, the waves are quite rough in the winter where the whales appear. We may ask infants and pregnant participants to not board for safety reasons.
- Please wear the life jacket provided during the tour for safety reasons.
- Please understand that whales are living creatures and there will be cases you won't be able to spot them. In the case you are not able to see the whales, there will be no refund provided.
- A confirmation call will be given the day before your tour.
- Please make your reservations after your travel plans have been set.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
- Charter Plan
- You can book a maximum of 39.
Credit card paymentCancellation Policy
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Added to Wish List
Okinawa Main Island Categories
- Instant Confirmation Tours
- Sightseeing Tours25
- Tours Departing from Naha27
- Tours Departing from Onna31
- Tours by Language19
- Marine and Ocean Activities101
- River and Lake Activities4
- Transport Services9
- Mountain Activities4
- Driving and Riding Activities1
- Food Culture Experience10
- Cultural Experiences11
- Museums and Learning11
- Fruit Picking and Farming2
- Shows and Entertainment3
- Wifi Routers and SIM Cards1
- Amusement Parks1
- Seasonal Tours1
- Tour Length 157