Tombo Dama Cute Glass Bead Making Experience in Osaka
Melt a colorful glass stick with a burner and learn to create a Tombo dama. These patterned beads have a hole in the middle, perfect to make a necklace out of!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:30 Meet at Satake Glass Ryu Kobo
Tombo dama Glass Bead Making (1 hour 40 minutes)Choose from more than 40 colors to make your unique bead.
Duration: ~1 hour creation and 40 minutes for cooling.
(Please wait in the glass shop)
On Tuesday or Wednesday, you may be able to see the color rod glass in the factory.
Lamp WorkingLamp working is a technique to melt glass by burner flame. It is also called flame work. This is how you start to create the Tombo dama!
Tombo dama"Tombo dama" are Japanese traditional glass beads with patterns. The bead also has a hole in the middle. It was used as trading currency between Japan, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Native America because it was valuable at that time.
11:10 Check-out at Satake Glass Ryu Kobo
- Ages 7 to 69 can participate.
- A parent or guardian must accompany children ages 9 and under.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please refrain from wearing synthetic fiber clothing because it is easy to melt. Even in winter, it gets really hot so you will take off your jacket.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 2 and maximum of 24.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 17:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.