Be a Miko Priestess for a Day in Osaka
Dress up in real miko priestess clothing and learn the manners and skills to work at a shrine directly from the Shinto priest. Things you learn include how to pray and offer sacred tree branches.
Learn about the skills and manners required of miko priestesses who work in Shinto shrines. The priest of the shrine will tell you about shrine etiquette and how to offer a prayer. Then, once you have changed into your miko clothing, learn from a real miko about how to walk, present offerings, and hand out shrine charms like a real priestess. Once you have mastered these skills, offer a prayer to the shrine gods using sacred tree branches.
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:00 Meet at Negai no Miya
Miko Priestess Experience (~2 hours)Become a miko priestess for a day! Wear the traditional outfit, then learn the shrine etiquette and proper way to pray.
Miko EtiquetteAfter getting dressed, jump right in and learn the proper way to walk, present offerings, and hand out temple or shrine souvenirs, along with much more.
PrayingSend a prayer out to the ears of the local gods as you learn the correct way to offer sacred items and more.
Check-out at Negai no Miya
- Only women can participate.
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Activity is subject to cancellation depending on the priestess's schedule.
- This activity is operated only in Japanese. However, non Japanese-speaking visitors are welcome!
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 4.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.