Private Walking Tour of Little Edo in Kawagoe
Discover the history of Tokyo through Kawagoe's merchant houses in this former castle town. Walk the streets of Little Edo and step into history.
Slip back in time and wander through the vintage streets of Kawagoe with many landmark buildings that are several hundred years old. Your guide will walk you through the stone paved nostalgic streets with traditional houses, massive temples and merchant shops. Let yourself feel like a kid again at the Candy Alley where fresh candy and treats are made on the spot like the good old times. Pick up a few snacks and enjoy the atmosphere of Little Edo.
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 6 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Admission / Train fare / Guidance in the language of your choice
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:00 Meet in the Lobby of Your Hotel
Kitain TempleBegin your Japanese history tour at Kitain Temple that was built around 1200 years ago. Learn about the remains of the old Edo Castle along with the 540 statues of the disciples of Buddha.
Kawagoe City MuseumGo even back in time to learn about the beginning of the first people of Japan through artifacts discovered in Kawagoe at the museum.
Kawagoe Castle Honmaru GotenRecently renovated and reopened in 2011, visit the remains of the Kawagoe Castle that was originally built in 1457.
Hikawa ShrineWalk through the 15 meter high torii gate at the entrance of the historical Hikawa Shrine and learn about the ancient shrine that was around since the 6th century.
Toki no Kane Bell TowerMake way to the symbol of Kawagoe. The Bell Tower was used for the past 350 years to tell time and is still used now!
Kurazukuri Merchant HousesStroll through the nostalgic neighborhood of traditional warehouse style shops and houses from the 18th and 19th century.
Kashiya Yokocho Candy AlleySneak into the backstreet alley of Kawagoe and pick up a few snacks and sweets or even see some candy makers make fresh candy on the spot!
Kawagoe Festival MuseumGet a feel of Japanese festivals through Kawagoe's Matsuri Festival Museum. See the beautiful displays of the decorative festival carts that are actually used in the parade.
15:00 Tour ends at the Festival Museum
- Our services are mainly offered in English, but Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Korean and Portuguese are also available.
- Fees for public transportation are included. However, for the use of taxis or hired cars there will be additional charges.
- Meals, beverages and sightseeing activities are not included.
- Please follow the guide's instructions during the program to make sure you do not get into any accidents.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.