Two Day Mt. Fuji and Atami Hot Springs Sightseeing Tour from Tokyo Instant Confirmation
Discover the best of Shizuoka, including Mt. Fuji, huge tea plantations, historic villages and classic uikyoe woodblock art. Soak in an outdoor bath and enjoy ocean views from your hotel room.
▼ Read more
If you are traveling alone or 1 adult traveling with children, please refer to http://www.veltra.com/en/asia/japan/shizuoka/a/127493
- Duration: 2 day
- Available: Sun, Tue, Wed, Fri
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Shinkansen fare / Nihondaira ropeway fare (round-trip) / Kunozan Toshogu Shrine admission fee / Lunch / Shizuoka City Tokaido Hiroshige Museum of Art admission fee / Nippondaira Hotel accommodation charges (1 night accommodation, dinner and breakfast)
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:20 Check-in at the JP Tower, B1, Tokyo Station Marunouchi South Exit
08:56 - 09:03 Tokyo Station (90 min)Board a Tokaido Shinkansen (Hikari or Kodama) in the non-reserved section and enjoy a speedy journey to your next destination.
10:30 Shizuoka StationThe tour will depart from Shizuoka Station by bus for sightseeing.
Nihondaira Ropeway (5 min)Board this 1,065-meter-long ropeway which connects the peak of Nihondaira and Kunozan Toshogu Shrine. From the ropeway window a view of Suruga Bay and, on clear days, Izu Peninsula, can be enjoyed.
Kunozan Toshogu Shrine ((30 min)A shrine dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, a shogun from the Edo period.
The main hall, ishi-no-ma, and worship hall are designated National Treasures. The shrine's beautiful lacquering and carvings are a must-see.
Nihondaira Ropeway (5 min)The ropeway will be used for the return trip as well.
Nihondaira Ocha Kaikan (20 min)Tour this vast tea plantation which looks out onto Mt. Fuji and Suruga Bay.
Taste testing of the Japanese tea made here is available, and tea can be purchased as well.
Shimizu (50 min)Enjoy handmade sushi, much of which is made with fresh-caught fish from Suruga Bay.
*Requests for vegetarian meals or meals without raw fish must be made when booking your reservation..
Shizuoka City Tokaido Hiroshige Museum of Art (30 min)Participants will be guided through this art museum in the post town of Yui-shuku, a former station along the Tokaido road which was the major route from Tokyo to Kyoto from the Edo period. The museum features ukiyo-e woodblock print art by Utagawa Hiroshige, the last ukiyo-e master.
Mt. Fuji 2nd Station (15 min)When the Minami-Fuji Ever Green Line is closed due to ice, traffic accident or other reason, and the tour cannot reach the 2nd Station of Mt. Fuji, the tour will visit Susono Municipal Mt. Fuji Museum, Mt. Fuji Juku Forest Park, Iwamotoyama Park or other facility.
16:50 - 17:50 Mishima Station (10 min)The guide will accompany participants until arrival at Mishima Station. Please board the Kodama Shinkansen to Atami Station in the non-reserved section.
16:50 - 18:10 Shizuoka StationPlease head to the hotel on your own from Atami Station.
Hotel New AkaoLocated by the waterfront, this hotel features ocean-view rooms from where guests can enjoy a spectacular scenery. Relax in an open-air hot spring bath and marvel at the amazing view of the Pacific.
Hotel New AkaoOn Day 2, participants will have unguided free time for sightseeing on their own. The Shinkansen tickets for the return trip from Atami Station to Tokyo Station (Kodama, non-reserved seating) will be given to participants on Day 1.
17:00 - 19:00 Atami Station (50 min)From the hotel, please head to Atami Station on your own. Board the Kodama Shinkansen to Tokyo in the non-reserved section.
17:45-19:40 Tokyo Station,Tour ends upon arrival.
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Lunch on Day 2 is not included in the price.
- Mt. Fuji may not be entirely visible even from Mt. Fuji's 2nd station, but the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued for this reason. Also, please note that during summer Mt. Fuji is difficult to see from Nihondaira, Shimizu and Yui areas.
- Depending on road conditions and the operating situation of the Shinkansen, the visit to Nihondaira tea hall or Shizuoka City Tokaido Hiroshige Museum of Art may be omitted from the itinerary. The tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued for this reason. Also, delays to the tour end time are expected. (Estimated arrival time to Tokyo Station: 20:00-21:00)
- When the Minami-Fuji Ever Green Line is closed due to ice, traffic accident or other reason, and the tour cannot reach the 2nd Station of Mt. Fuji, the tour will visit Susono Municipal Mt. Fuji Museum, Mt. Fuji Juku-no Mori (Mt. Fuji Visitor Center Juku Forest Park), Iwamotoyama Park or other facility.
- The 2nd Station of Mt. Fuji is about 5 to 10 degrees Celsius cooler than Tokyo. Especially on tours from autumn to spring, a coat and other warm clothing is necessary.
- If Nihondaira ropeway operation is suspended due to inclement weather or maintenance, or depending on arrangements, the ropeway ride may be replaced with one of the following (the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued in such cases): Nihondaira Zoo, Seikenji Temple, Sunpujo Park, Shimizu Port Bay Cruise, Miho no Matsubara, Shiroito Falls, Fujisan Hongu Sengen Taisha Shrine, Mishima Taisha Shrine, Numazu Goyotei Memorial Park, etc.
- In some cases an assistant may accompany participants on the outbound Shinkansen instead of a tour guide. Also, in some cases a tour guide may not accompany participants on the return Shinkansen.
- If the minimum number of participants is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- After sightseeing at Nihondaira, the tour may stop by Nippondaira Hotel.
- The tour will climb the 100 steps at Kunozan Toshogu Shrine, so please wear shoes which are easy to walk in.
- Depending on the number of participants, a minibus, mid-sized bus, or compact car may be used.
- An additional JPY 500 must be paid to the guide on the day of the tour for each 4 to 5 year old child to ride Nihondaira Ropeway.
- Please make a request at the time of booking if you would like a vegetarian meal for lunch on day 1 and at the hotel. Furthermore, please select between Japanese-style or Western-style for dinner on Day 1 at the time of booking. If no selection is made by 2 days prior to the tour date, a Western-style meal will be prepared for dinner.
- This is an exclusive tour intended for overseas travelers only. Please note that groups composed entirely of Japanese nationals cannot participate.
- There will be no refunds for ticket charges for participants who have a JR Rail Pass.
- [Hotel Information]
Address: 1993-250 Atami, Atami-shi, Shizuoka Prefecture
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Please contact Veltra immediately if you make any changes to your booking once it is confirmed, as:
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
・Any changes made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.