One Day Offbeat Tour to Mt. Fuji by Bullet Train from Osaka (Lunch Included) Instant Confirmation
Experience a different side of Mt. Fuji in Shizuoka, with great views of the mountain over tea farms! Visit a post town along the Tokaido Road, enjoy fresh local sushi and ride on the bullet train!
A great option for visitors staying in Osaka or Kyoto, who are looking for a day trip with a difference! Instead of going to Hakone, like most Mt. Fuji tours, this bullet train full day tour will take you to the Shizuoka side of the mountain, an area famous for green tea and fresh seafood.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 13.5 - 14.5 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Lunch / Transportation fee / Accommodation fee / English-speaking guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:00 Meet in the Hotel Granvia Osaka lobby
07:40 - 10:15 Depart from Shin-Osaka Station (150 min)Board a Tokaido Shinkansen (Hikari or Kodama) in the reserved section.
Staff will not board the Shinkansen with you.
10:30 Shizuoka StationThe tour will depart from Shizuoka Station by bus for sightseeing.
Nihondaira Ropeway (5 min)Board this 1,065-meter-long ropeway which connects the peak of Nihondaira and Kunozan Toshogu Shrine. From the ropeway window a view of Suruga Bay and, on clear days, Izu Peninsula, can be enjoyed.
Kunozan Toshogu Shrine (30 min)A shrine dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, a shogun from the Edo period.
The main hall, ishi-no-ma, and worship hall are designated National Treasures. The shrine's beautiful lacquering and carvings are a must-see.
Nihondaira Ropeway (5 min)The ropeway will be used for the return trip as well.
Nihondaira Ocha Kaikan (20 min)Tour the tea plantation here which looks out onto Mt. Fuji and Suruga Bay. Try some of the green tea grown on site!
Shimizu (50 min)Enjoy handmade sushi, much of which is made with fresh-caught fish from Suruga Bay.
Shizuoka City Tokaido Hiroshige Museum of Art (30 min)Participants will be guided through this art museum in the post town of Yui-shuku, a former station along the Tokaido road which was the major route from Tokyo to Kyoto from the Edo period. The museum features ukiyo-e woodblock print art by Utagawa Hiroshige, the last ukiyo-e master.
Enjoy the view from Mt. Fuji's 2nd Station (altitude of 1,500 meters). (15 min)Visit Japan's most iconic mountain, and take pictures against the backdrop of its towering height.
17:00~18:30 Depart from Mishima Station (170 min)Board a Tokaido Shinkansen (Hikari or Kodama) in the reserved section. In some cases a transfer at Nagoya will be necessary.
20:20-21:20 Tour Ends at Shin-Osaka Station
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
- The tour disbands upon arrival at Shin-Osaka Station. Please head to your next destination on your own from Shin-Osaka Station.
- Mt. Fuji may not be entirely visible even from Mt. Fuji's 2nd station, but the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued for this reason. Also, please note that during summer Mt. Fuji is difficult to see from Nihondaira, Shimizu and Yui areas.
- Depending on road conditions and the operating situation of the Shinkansen, the visit to Nihondaira tea hall or Shizuoka City Tokaido Hiroshige Museum of Art may be omitted from the itinerary. The tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued for this reason. Also, delays to the tour end time are expected. (Estimated arrival time to Tokyo Station: 20:00-21:00)
- When the Minami-Fuji Ever Green Line is closed due to ice, traffic accident or other reason, and the tour cannot reach the 2nd Station of Mt. Fuji, the tour will visit Susono Municipal Mt. Fuji Museum, Mt. Fuji Juku-no Mori (Mt. Fuji Visitor Center Juku Forest Park), Iwamotoyama Park or other facility.
- The 2nd Station of Mt. Fuji is about 5 to 10 degrees Celsius cooler than Tokyo. Especially on tours from autumn to spring, a coat and other warm clothing is necessary.
- If Nihondaira ropeway operation is suspended due to inclement weather or maintenance, or depending on arrangements, the ropeway ride may be replaced with one of the following (the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be issued in such cases): Nihondaira Zoo, Seikenji Temple, Sunpujo Park, Shimizu Port Bay Cruise, Miho no Matsubara, Shiroito Falls, Fujisan Hongu Sengen Taisha Shrine, Mishima Taisha Shrine, Numazu Goyotei Memorial Park, etc.
- Participants are responsible for boarding the Shinkansen on their own for both outbound and return trips. On the outbound trip, a tour guide or assistant will meet participants at Shizuoka Station. The tour ends at Shin-Osaka Station, after which participants must head to their next destination on their own.
- After sightseeing at Nihondaira, the tour may stop by Nippondaira Hotel.
- The tour will climb the 100 steps at Kunozan Toshogu Shrine, so please wear shoes which are easy to walk in.
- Depending on the number of participants, a minibus, mid-sized bus, or compact car may be used.
- An additional JPY 500 must be paid to the guide on the day of the tour for each 4 to 5 year old child to ride Nihondaira Ropeway.
- Requests for vegetarian meals or meals without raw fish must be made at least 2 business days before the tour departure date. Requests made any later cannot be accommodated.
- If the minimum number of participants (2) is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 20.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Please contact Veltra immediately if you make any changes to your booking once it is confirmed, as:
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
・Any changes made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.