Kyoto Day Trip by Bullet Train from Tokyo Instant Confirmation
Ride the famous shinkansen bullet train and zip from Tokyo to ancient Kyoto at a breeze. Visit Kyoto's sights, like Kinkakuji Temple and Nijo Castle. The afternoon allows free time to explore!
Set out from Tokyo to Kyoto an on all day adventure. Your day begins as you board the Nozomi, Japan's fastest bullet train. This scenic and efficient way to travel to Kyoto is hard to beat! Once in Kyoto, you will visit Nijo Castle, where in 1867 the last Edo Shogun restored the authority of Japan's Imperial Court. Next is Kinkakuji Temple, home of the Golden Pavilion, a glittering pagoda gilded with about $5 million worth of gold leaf! No visit to Kyoto is complete without seeing the Imperial Palace, where you can catch a glimpse of ancient imperial life. In the afternoon you will have extra time to explore on your own, so you can see the sights you want to as well.
▼ Read more
Please note that there will be no guide in Tokyo to guide you to the station and that the afternoon part of this tour is not guided, allowing you free time before departure to see the sights of Kyoto on your own.
- Duration: 16.5 - 17.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Accredited English-speaking guide / Round trip Shinkansen bullet train tickets
Time & Location
Time & Location
Package detail / Schedule Close
- Participants under the age of 20 traveling alone require written consent from a parent or a person with parental authority.
- Participants under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- To guests staying at Airbnb / private homes:
The tickets must be signed for upon delivery. The exact date and time for delivery cannot be selected. As such, unless you can be 100% certain someone will be at home during the hours of 09:00~18:00, please refrain from booking.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Guests will be asked to provide personal information such as full name, nationality, gender, and age before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- The tour schedule is subject to change.
- You will not be able to choose the departure or arrival time of the bullet train. You also cannot choose your specific seating in advance.
- During your free time in the afternoon, there will be no English-speaking guide to accompany you.
- This tour is available to overseas visitors only.
- This tour includes expenses for the guided morning-tour portion and bullet train tickets only. Other expenses incurred during the day will not be included in the tour price.
- Lost or stolen bullet train tickets will not be replaced. Should you misplace your ticket, you will be required to purchase a new ticket at your own expense.
- On days when Nijo Castle is closed the tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple. Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December (if Tuesday is a national holiday, Nijo Castle will be closed on Wednesday).
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Mondays except when Monday is a national holiday.
The following Tuesday will be closed instead. Also closed from Dec 28 2016 to Jan 4 2017.
In these circumstances, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead.
- Upon booking you will be asked to provide information regarding your accommodation in Japan prior to this package date. Your tickets and final itinerary will be delivered to the address you provide at least one day prior to the tour date.
- As tickets need to be delivered by mail to guests accommodation the day before the tour date, it is typically not possibly for customers to join this tour on the same day they arrive in Japan.
- We recommend leaving large pieces of baggage at your hotel, as there is little space for luggage on the trains.
- Children (ages 0-5 years) will be able to participate for free under the following conditions.
An individual seat will not be provided. Please have them sit on the lap of their parent or guardian. If there are seats available, they are welcome to use it, however they will not be getting a priority in seating.
If you would like a seat for a child (ages 0-5 years), please book them as a child.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between the booking confirmation date to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
- Please contact Veltra immediately if you make any changes to your booking once it is confirmed, as:
・Any changes made between the booking confirmation date to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
・Any changes made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
・Any changes made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration||16.5 - 17.5 hour(s)|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
by: Laura M.
This is a fantastic tour for people who are staying in Tokyo but want to see Kyoto. Because of scheduling, we were unable to stay outside of Tokyo but this allowed us to travel to Kyoto and experienc...more
Our tour was great! I wish we saw more of Kyoto. Our guide was very knowledgeable