Traditional Matcha Tea Ceremony Experience in TokyoSALE
Visit a traditional tearoom where a tea master will perform the tea ceremony for you with formal yet warm hospitality. Then make a cup of green tea yourself.
Steep yourself in the tradition and culture of the tea ceremony in a warm, intimate setting. From the history and philosophy of the practices through to tasting the rich matcha green tea and Japanese sweets, this is a chance to be involved personally. You will even be able to make your own cup of tea.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 1.5 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Wed
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Matcha green tea / Japanese sweet
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:30 Meet at Iriya Station
TransferHead to the tea ceremony location with your guide. The tea ceremony will be held in a unique tea ceremony room of the master's house.
Tea CeremonyLearn about the history and philosophy of the tea, then watch a demonstration performed by the master.
Taste the freshly whisked powdered green tea and Japanese sweet, then try making the tea yourself.
12:00 Tour ends at Iriya Station
- People 13 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Please inform us in advance if you have any food allergies. There are sweets served with the tea.
- Tour is guided in English.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Casual clothes are OK, but should be neat.
- Please wear socks.
- During the activity, you are to sit on the chair or sit the Japanese style on the floor.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 5.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 10:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.