Zen Meditation in Kamakura with Shojin Ryori Vegetarian Meal from TokyoSALE
Practice with a group of meditators and a monk in an 800-year-old temple in Kamakura, before a special vegetarian meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant, all with an English speaking guide.
Experience Zen at a major Zen temple, where you can join a monk led meditation. Undergo a contemplative experience and then learn about the culture around it. Continue to welcome serenity with a stroll through the temple and peaceful gardens, before heading out into the larger town. Dinner will be traditional vegetarian shojin ryori, served at a Michelin starred restaurant.
▼ Read more
- Duration: 7.5 hour(s)
- Available: Sat
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Train fare / English-speaking guide / Shojin Ryori Vegetarian Meal / Temple admission fee / Green tea break
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
11:30 Meet at the South Exit of JR Shinjuku Station
KamakuraAfter arriving by train, practice Zen at a major zen temple. (15-20 minutes, 2 sessions) Then go on a stroll through the garden and temples nearby before a tea break and shopping or a light meal. Save some space for a special vegetarian meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
18:00 Kita-Kamakura Station
19:00 Tour ends at Shinjuku Station (estimated time)
- The standard minimum age to participate in this tour is 15 years. Families or parties with children under 15, please inquire.
- Tour is guided in English.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Please come with comfortable clothes to sit down. Shoes and socks must be removed in the meditation hall but women may wear tights.
- Please power off your mobile during Zen meditation time.
- Lunch is not included in the tour. You can bring your own lunch. There is also time for strolling and eating during the tour. Alcohol at dinner is optional, and at your own expense.
- Please advise in advance of any food allergies.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 4.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 11:30 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.