Coffee Roasting and Drip Brewing Workshop in Asakusa
Fire up a roaster and prepare fresh coffee beans in the traditional manner, led by a professional coffee roaster. Learn how to unlock the rich flavors of the bean!
▼ Read more
- Duration: 2.5 hour(s)
- Available: Wed, Thu
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Japanese-speaking guide / Experience fee / Lesson fee / Material fee / Hand roaster for 100 g & 3 kinds of coffee beans (100 g each) / 8% discount coupon at the coffee shop on the 1st floor / Consumption tax
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
13:50 Meet at Kappabashi Union
14:00 Welcome CoffeeTaste the flavors of a cup of Blue Mountain Coffee or Esmeralda Farm Coffee.
14:20 LectureExperience the different tastes created by roasting methods and roast time. Learn to roast, drip, and grind.
RoastingEvery year the farms produce coffee beans, but the tastes are never the same each year. We call the coffee beans from the farms "specialty coffee." Self-roasting lets you enjoy the same taste always.
15:00 TastingTry the genuine drip method and make coffee.
15:30 Kopi Luwak TastingTaste what is often considered to be the most expensive coffee in the world, Kopi Luwak. Please enjoy the splendid taste of very rare beans that are often served for 5,500 JPY per cup.
16:00 Workshop EndsAfter ending, please enjoy shopping at the coffee shop on the 1st floor, with an 8% discount coupon.
16:00 Tour ends at Kappabashi Union
- There are no age restrictions for this activity, everyone is welcome to join.
- If less than 4 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- No need to bring anything. You can come wearing any types of clothes. Apron is available. Please come with the clothes which are OK to get dirty, if you worry.
- You will receive a hand roaster with a 100 g capacity, the roast beans you roasted, and 3 kinds of fresh coffee beans (100 g each, for a total of 300 g) home on the day. Please try roasting your fresh beans at home!
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 14.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
by: David P from Guam
First off, this workshop is in Japanese so make sure you have a Japanese friend that speaks your language or grab an interpreter. The class is held above a coffee store. I already roast but wanted to ...more