Guided Tokyo Walking Tour of Historical Yanaka (Various Languages Available) Instant Confirmation
Considered one of the most beautiful and historical neighborhoods of Tokyo, explore the streets, temples and shops of Yanaka with your friendly guide! Get a feel for the heart of the city.
A beautifully preserved traditional area of Tokyo, Yanaka is a must-see for visitors looking for a more local experience of Japan's capital. With guidance available in your choice of English, French, Dutch or Chinese, you can delve into the history and culture!
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 3 - 4.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Pick-up and drop-off from hotels in Tokyo + USD 19.68 (per group)Pick-up and drop-off from hotels in Tokyo + USD 19.68 (per group)
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Chinese-speaking guide / French-speaking guide / Dutch-speaking guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:30-09:00 Meet at JR Nippori Station or Pick-up at Hotel
Below is a sample of the locations you will visit:
Tennoji TempleVisit one of the last remaining Buddhist temples of the Tendai sect, that was originally built in 1274. Most of the temple was destroyed in 1868, but the pagoda and Buddha still remain.
Yanaka Cemetary ParkStop by the peaceful cemetery park located next to the temple, which is particularly beautiful during the cherry blossom season. Keep an eye out for the local kitties!
SCAI THE BATHHOUSEThis 200 year-old former bathhouse that has been remodeled into a gallery for contemporary Japanese artists.
(Please note the gallery is closed on Mondays, Sundays and national holidays)
Art Sanctuary Allan WestTake a look at the gorgeous screen paintings created by Allan West in his studio in Yanaka.
Mikado BakeryMake a pit stop at this quaint neighborhood bakery to pick up some tasty cookies and treats.
Nezu ShrineFollow the rows of red torii to the beautiful Japanese garden. Depending on the season, you may be able to capture the view of the massive azalea garden.
Tsuijibei of Kannonji TempleThe protective wall around the temple is known for its instricate designs made with tiles and other bits of buildings.
Food in Yanaka GinzaYou will be able to find some tasty delicacies in this traditional shopping street, which has over 70 shops and restaurants with tempting treats.
12:00-13:00 Tour Ends at JR Nippori Station or Drop-off at Hotel
- Children of all ages can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
Requirement(s) - Others
- In the summer, we recommend you to bring a bottle of water.
- Additional admissions, meals and sight-seeing fees are not included in the tour price.
- Please note that SCAI THE BATHHOUSE gallery is closed on Mondays, Sundays and National holidays. You will only see the outside on those days.
- Please ask the guide if you wish to take photos in the Yanaka-Ginza shopping district. Some shops prohibit photos.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 20.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.