Mt. Fuji Bus Tour with Visits to Lake Yamanaka and Lake Saiko Ice Festival
Experience winter around Mt. Fuji on land and by sea on an amphibious bus. Drive through the forest and go straight to floating on Lake Yamanaka. At night, enjoy the beautiful Saiko Ice Festival.
Enjoy a day visiting Mt. Fuji and one of its beautiful surrounding lakes on this bus tour. After shopping, eat a delicious Koshu beef lunch with several accompanying dishes made from fresh ingredients. Take a ride on the Kaba, an amphibious bus which will drive you through the forest and transform into a boat to glide around Lake Yamanaka. Once the sun sets, hop back on the tour bus to the Lake Saiko Ice Festival to see the beautiful illuminated ice formations.
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 9.5 - 10 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Lunch / Admission / English-speaking assistant / Japanese-speaking guide / Chinese-speaking staff
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:20 Pick-up at Shinjuku Washington Hotel
Chateau Katsunuma (20 minutes)After departing by bus from the hotel, the first stop will be at Chateau Katsunuma for a little bit of shopping.
Sato no Eki Ichinomiya (40 minutes)At Sato no Eki, enjoy a delicious lunch of Koshu beef, grilled vegetables, 3 different kinds of chicken appetizers, grilled fish, rice with seasonal ingredients, pickled vegetables, and miso soup.
Yamanakako and Kaba Amphibuous Bus Ride (30 minutes)Hop on the Kaba amphibious bus and enjoy a ride through the forest before it dives into the lake. Get the best views of Mt. Fuji from land and sea, all in the same vehicle.
Lake Saiko Ice Festival (70 minutes)Bundle up for this after dark festival where you can see incredibly tall trees covered in frost and ice. These towers of white frost are illuminated in many beautiful colors.
19:30-20:00 Drop-off in the Shinjuku area
- If less than 15 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- When boarding the Yamanakako Kaba amphibious bus, an insurance fee of 400 JPY is required for children from 0-3 years old. If you are bringing a child of this age range with you, please pay the fee in cash to your tour guide on the day.
- Warm clothing
- Walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Mt. Fuji might not be visible in the case of bad weather.
- The tour conductor will be coming from a different meeting point prior to the start of this tour. The bus may be delayed depending on traffic. Please wait at the meeting point until the bus arrives.
- The tour operator is not responsible for circumstances beyond their control such as delays, shortening or omissions of activities in the itinerary due to traffic, and weather conditions.
- In the case of a typhoon, heavy snow or other circumstances beyond the control of the tour operators, the decision for cancellation of the tour will be made by 3pm on the previous day (JST). Participants will be informed via email.
- The location of where the tour disbands may be different from its starting point. If you would like to know where the tour will disband, please ask the tour conductor on the day.
- Please note that the tour is for Japanese citizens and is basically operated in Japanese. The staff can provide basic information in English or Chinese, however, they will not be able to provide detailed information about the sights.
- Please check the booking form for the actual tour language of your preferred departure day. If a booking is made within 7 days of the departure, arranging your preferred language support may not be possible. In such cases, the tour will be run by a Japanese-speaking tour director and you will receive an itinerary in your preferred language.
- In the case of poor weather conditions, the Kaba amphibious bus ride may be cancelled. A refund will be made in the form of bus fare to visiting another tourist location.
- If you are vegetarian or have any food allergies, please list this when booking so that an alternative dish may be prepared for you. The menu cannot be changed on the day of the tour.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 17:30 local time, 8 business days to 17:30 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 17:30 local time, 2 business days to 17:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 17:30 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.