Shabutsu Tracing Experience at Nissekiji Temple and Buddhist Vegetarian Food
Experience tracing a Buddhist figure at Nissekiji Temple, the main temple of the Shingon Sect. After that, enjoy a meal of delicious shoujin ryori, Buddhist vegetarian cuisine!
▼ Read more
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
Starting time: 10:00 - 14:00 (Show details)
09:50 Meet at Oiwa-san Nissekiji Temple Office
10:00 Tracing Buddha Experience in Nissekiji Temple (90 min )Experience the meditative practice of shabutsu. Your shabutsu drawing will be blessed by a priest during a Goma ceremony, put in an amulet case and mailed to you.
During the Goma ceremony priests pray for the safety of families, business prosperity, good luck in love and purification.
Enjoy Buddhist Vegetarian Cuisine at a Restaurant near the TempleAfter the tracing experience, you can enjoy a lunch of the famous local somen noodles and mountain vegetable cuisine set at Nissekiji-Monzen-Ryokan, an inn in front of the temple.
*Please note that fish is used for soup stock.
11:30 Tour Ends
- Children in middle school and older may participate.
- Minimum number of participants: 1
- Please check in at least ten minutes before the start time.
- The required time may vary, depending on how long it takes you to trace the figure.
- The activity may be cancelled due to temple ceremonies and other circumstances.
- This activity is operated only in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 30.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 17:00 local time, 4 business days to 17:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 17:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.