Janokuchinotaki Falls Hidden Trekking Tour
Trekking tour to the basin of Janokuchinotaki falls, the largest waterfall in Yakushima. This is a hidden and serene spot in the upper stream area of river.
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 8.5 - 9.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
You can choose either Pick-up (additional fee) or Check-in (free).
Your hotel (within Miyanoura-Anbou-Onoaida area) free (per group)Your hotel (within Miyanoura-Anbou-Onoaida area) free (per group)
- Inclusion: Experience fee / Lunch / Insurance fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
06:30-07:30 [For pick-up & send] Picking at your accomodation.
07:30 Checking in YNAC (Yakushima Nature Activity Center)* Duration differs depending on the weather or physical strength of the participants.
Start the tour to Janokuchinotaki falls.Light climbing course with a difference in elevation of about 400 m.
16:00 Dismissing after the tour, or being sent to your accomodation.
- Children 10 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Persons age late 60s or younger can participate.
- This course is equivalent to a light mountain climbing course and recommendable to people who can walk in a mountain at least on a light course.
- Child fee is for 9th grader or younger. Student fee is for High school student and college student.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Proper clothes such as sport wear, outdoor wear, fast dry clothes, or suitable wear for mountain walking.
- Trekking shoes with waterproofing.
- Small backpack for climbing mountain (approx. volume of 25 L)
- Rain wear for outdoor (top and bottom, separated type)
- Chopsticks, Canteen, Snack, Mat
- Waterproof bag or vinyl bag to put your cell phone or valuables in.
- Outfit for cold and gloves for cold season.
- Hat, Headlight, Binoculars, Loupe, Camera
Requirement(s) - Others
- Free at/to the accommodations located in Miyanoura-Anbou-Onoaida area.
- The night before the tour, staff informs you the exact time for picking up.
- Small rain is fine with good rain wear. There may be a case of cancellation due to the bad weather, amount of snowfall, issue of storm warning, or others. Please do not worry as our staff will contact you. In case of cancellation, we do the best to prepare another tour.
- There may be a case that we cannot enter the mountain during winter due to the snow.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
Booking Requirements (# of participants, vehicles, hours, etc.)
- You can book a maximum of 7.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 7 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.