Jomon Cedar Sightseeing Hike and Trekking Tour
This is a very long and hard course, but you can enjoy seeing the magnificent trees which call the area home, including the Jomon cedar.
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
Pick-up from hotels in Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)Pick-up from hotels in Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)
Pick-up for guests staying outside of Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)Pick-up for guests staying outside of Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)
- Inclusion: Pick-up / trekking fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
04:30 Pick-up at Anbou and Miyanoura area hotels
Trekking Tour (about 10 hours)Course: Entrance of Arakawa mounain trail, Kosugitani, Sandaisugi, entrance of Okabu path, Wilson stump, Daio cedar, Couple cedars, Jomon cedar, entrance of Arakawa mountain trail
Drop-off at Anbou and Miyanoura area hotels
- Fourth grader of elementary school or older people can participate in this tour.
- Pregnant individuals may not join this activity.
- Guests must be able to speak and understand basic Japanese to participate. Please refrain from booking this tour if you do not understand Japanese at all.
- The tour operator will be contacting you on the day of your arrival to Yakushima for final confirmations. Please let them know in regards of flight delays or any other issues.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Boxed meals for breakfast and lunch.
Easy to move in clothes made of quick-drying and water-absorbing materials. Bring spare socks in case ones you are wearing get wet.
- Items to bring:
Rucksack, rain gear (separate tops and bottoms), flashlight or helmet lamp, climbing boots, boxed meals, thermos bottle, work gloves, towels, spare clothes (shirt and socks) (put in plastic bags to protect from water), candy or chocolate for sugar supply
Requirement(s) - Others
- Please let us know at the time of reservation, if you have any disabilities or chronic diseases.
- You also have to pay the admission fee for the mountain (fare for the shuttle bus included) (JPY 1740) (JPY 700 for elementary school child) (except for the period between December 1 and February 28).
- This is a long trekking tour, so please pay enough attention to your physical condition and safety.
- There may be cases where you go together with other groups.
- There may be cases we ask you not to participate in the tour due to inappropriate attire, bad physical condition, or for other reasons which may cause trouble to other participants. In such a case we cannot make a refund.
- There may be cases where the tour is cancelled or the course is changed due to bad weather or road condition,
- We pick you up and drop you off at the same place. Please understand that we cannot drive you to a different place than where we pick you up.
- We ask you to come to Anbou or Miyanoura area for pick up, if you are staying in areas other than those two. We will let you know the meeting place after you make a reservation.
- If the tour must be stopped or cancelled due to weather after it has begun, refunds will not be issued.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 17:00 local time, 3 business days to 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.