Beginner Friendly Shiratani Unsuikyo Trekking Adventure
The area along the Shiratani River is perfect for a walking tour, and friendly to beginners. Enjoy walking in the mysterious forest of moss and trees.
▼ Read more
- Available: Daily
Pick-up from hotels in Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)Pick-up from hotels in Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)
Pick-up for guests staying outside of Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)Pick-up for guests staying outside of Anbou and Miyanoura areas free (per group)
- Inclusion: Pick-up / trekking fee
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
08:00 Pick-up at hotels in the Anbou and Miyanoura areas
Shiratani Unsuikyo Hike (about 3 hours)Course: Entrance of Shirataniunsuikyo, Ikoi no Oiwa, Satsuki suspension bridge, Kusukawa path, Kugurisugi (a cedar tree with hole you can pass through), forest with gathering moss, entrance of Shiratani Unsuikyo
Drop-off at hotels in the Anbou and Miyanoura areas
- First grader of elementary school or older people can participate in this tour.
- Pregnant individuals may not join this activity.
- Guests must be able to speak and understand basic Japanese to participate. Please refrain from booking this tour if you do not understand Japanese at all.
- The tour operator will be contacting you on the day of your arrival to Yakushima for final confirmations. Please let them know in regards of flight delays or any other issues.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
Easy to move in clothes made of quick-drying and water-absorbing materials. Bring spare socks in case ones you are wearing get wet.
- Items to bring:
Rucksack, rain gear (separate tops and bottoms), climbing boots, boxed meals, thermos bottle, work gloves, towels, spare clothes (shirt and socks) (put in plastic bags to protect from water), candy or chocolate for sugar supply
Requirement(s) - Others
- Please let us know at the time of reservation, if you have any disabilities or chronic diseases.
- You also have to pay cooperative charge of JPY 300 for entering the mountain.
- This is a long treking tour, so please pay enough attention to your physical codition and safety
- There may be cases where you go together with other groups.
- There may be cases we ask you not to participate in the tour due to inappropriate attire, bad physical condition, or for other reasons which may cause trouble to other participants. In such a case we cannot make a refund.
- There may be cases where the tour is cancelled or the course is changed due to bad weather or road condition.
- We pick you up and drop you off at the same place. Please understand that we cannot drive you to a different place than where we pick you up.
- We ask you to come to Anbou or Miyanoura area for pick up, if you are staying in areas other than those two. We will let you know the meeting place after you make a reservation.
- If the tour must be stopped or cancelled due to weather after it has begun, refunds will not be issued.
- This tour will be held only in Japanese.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 17:00 local time, 3 business days to 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 17:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.