Budget Friendly Mt. Fuji and Nature Tour from Lake Kawaguchi
Hop aboard from the foot of Mt. Fuji and visit the mountain's 5th Station and nearby attractions. See the incredible Lava Forest, Fuji Sengen Shrine and Narusawa Ice Cave!
Mount Fuji is not only the symbol of Japan, but has long been worshiped as a sacred mountain as well. The Aokigahara Forest is one of the most mysterious places in the region, with its wild forests and caves, including the Wind Cave and Narusawa Ice Cave (which stays at 3 - 5 degrees celsius all year long). Of course, we can't forget the Fuji Five Lakes, which are also considered part of this World Cultural Heritage Site. On this tour, you will visit Lake Motosuko- the deepest among the five lakes!
▼ Read more
- Duration (incl. transportation): 8.5 - 9 hour(s)
- Available: Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:00-09:10 Pick-up at K's House Mt. Fuji or Kawaguchiko Station
Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen ShrineFuji Sengen Shrine is a historical shrine constructed in 788. Located in the thick cedar forest at the bottom of Mt Fuji, it serves as a sacred spot for the worship and pilgrimage of Mount Fuji. It also leads visitors to the Yoshidaguchi climbing trail.
5th Station of Mount Fuji (2305m)The 5th station of Mt.Fuji is a major base for climbing Mount Fuji. Full of restaurants and shops, it is usually bustling with mountain climbers, cyclists, and tourists taking photos of the spectacular view from 2305 meters above sea level.
Oniwa / Okuniwa (4.5 Level)Okuniwa is located between the 4th and 5th level of Mount Fuji and is a part of the circular Ochudou trail. Okuniwa has an unique landscape view as it lies on the border of a forest and the volcanic mountain. It is considered the boundary between heaven and earth.
Back to Kawaguchiko Station and K's House Mt FujiPlease have lunch on your own.
14:00 Board at K's House Mt Fuji
14:05 Board at Kawaguchiko Station
Walk in Aokigahara Jukai (Lava Forest)The wind cave is located on the Shoji-guchi trail, which is one of the best preserved trails around Mt.Fuji. The nature around the trail is wild, creating a mysterious atmosphere.
Shiraito Falls (part of the Mt. Fuji World Cultural Heritage Site)Located in the southwestern foothills of Mt. Fuji, this 200 meter wide cascade is fed by Mt. Fuji's spring water and water flows off the edge of a 20 meter high cliff in thin white streams that resemble hanging threads of silk.
Lake MotosukoMotosuko is the deepest of the Fuji Five Lakes, about 138 meters at the deepest point.
The scenery printed on the back of the 1000 yen bill is a picture of Lake Motosuko with Mount Fuji in the background!
Oishi Park (if time allows)Witness the gorgeous view of Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi from the north shore of the lake.
17:30-17:40 Drop-off at K's House Mt. Fuji or Kawaguchiko Station
- Please note that lunch is not included in the tour price. Please have lunch on your own at one of the many restaurants around Kawaguchiko Station.
- This tour will go on regardless of the weather. However, in the case of typhoon or extreme conditions, the itinerary will be re-arranged.
- We recommend you leave your luggage at your hotel or in a locker at the station. There might not be enough space for your luggage in the bus.
- The schedule is subject to change according to traffic, weather conditions or other operational reasons.
- You can take the following trains to get from Shinjuku (Tokyo) to Kawaguchiko Station.
Shinjuku => Otsuki
(JR Chuo Line Limited Express: 70 min, 2700 yen OR
JR Chuo Line Local Line: 100 min, 1280 yen)
Otsuki => Kawaguchiko
(Fujikyu Railway Line: 55 min, 1100 yen)
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 10 business days to 18:00 local time, 8 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 20% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 8 business days to 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 2 business days to 18:00 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 40% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 18:00 local time, 1 business days to 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 50% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 1 hours prior to the activity start time will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.