Karlstejn Castle Half Day Tour from Prague
During your time in Prague you don't miss the visit in Karlštejn castle, an impressive Gothic castle founded in the 14th century by Charles IV, King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor.
▼ Read more
Travel from Prague in a comfortable coach and discover Karlštejn Castle. Located about 35 km southwest of Prague in the Karlštejn village, it is one of the most famous and heavily visited castles in the Czech Republic. Karlštejn served as a place for safekeeping the Empire coronation jewels, holy relics and other royal treasures.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 4.5 hour(s)
- Available: Sun, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Admission / English-speaking guide / Transport in a luxury air-conditioned coach
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:25 Pick-up from your hotel in Prague
09:30 Karlštejn Castle Tour beginsIn the 14th century Charles IV, King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor, had this gothic monument built as a depository for the Empire crown jewels and relics of saints. It boasts incomparable history and breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside.
Czech Coronation JewelsThe castle became a place for safekeeping of the Czech coronation jewels at the outbreak of the Hussite wars. They were kept there, with the exception of several short-time breaks, for nearly 200 years.
Point's of InterestEntirely unique is the original decoration of wall paintings dating back to the 14th century, collection of 129 panel paintings by Master Theodoric in the Chapel of the Holy Cross (the world largest if its kind) or the largest portrait gallery of Czech rulers in the country.
Requirement(s) - Others
- Participants applying for the student price must be under 26 years of age on the day of the event booked and present a valid student card.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 10:20 local time, 1 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.