1855 Classified Chateaus of the Medoc One Day Tour from Bordeaux
On this full day tour from Bordeaux you will enjoy a visit and wine tasting in 3 prestigious Classified growth Chateaus of different appellations.
▼ Read more
For the 1855 "Exposition Universelle" of Paris, Emperor Napoleon III requested a classification system for France's best Bordeaux wines which were to be on display for visitors from around the world. The Medoc wine region spans from the mouth of the Gironde River down south and includes the four famous communes of St-Estephe, Pauillac, St. Julien and Margaux.
On this exclusive full day wine tour you will enjoy private visits and wine tasting in 3 prestigious Classified growth Chateaus of different appellations.
- Duration: 9 hour(s)
- Available: Tue, Thu
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Bottled water / English-speaking guide / Private Visit & Wine tasting in 3 Classified Growth Chateaus / Transport in a comfortable minivan / Small group of 8 passengers
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
09:20 Meet your guide in front of Bordeaux Tourism Office
09:30 Wine tour starts!
Visit and wine tasting in prestigious Classified growth ChateausYour tour will begin in the Margaux appellation with a private "Prestige Visit" in a Classified Growth Chateau. After a visit of the technical installations, you will wine taste two wines and discover the famous Cannelés cakes.
Follow the Castel RoadThen, follow the legendary Castle road that is lined up with some of the most prestigious wineries that the Medoc region is composed of including Chateau Palmer, Chateau Margaux, Chateau Pichon Longueville and so many more...
Free time for lunch
Classified Growth Chateau CamensacDuring this private visit will focus on the 1855 Classification system & the unique methods of marketing linked to Bordeaux wines. Participate in a vertical tasting during which you will sample similar wines but from different vintages.
Classified Growth Chateau LagrangeWith an altitude of 24 metres, the centre of the domain marks the highest point of Saint-Julien. The estate covers 157 hectares, of which 115 hectares are under vine. After a private visit of the installations, your last wine tasting of the day will be paired with some of the finest cheeses.
18:00 Tour ends and check-out in front of Bordeaux Tourism Office
- If less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not operate.
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made between 19:00 local time, 8 business days to 19:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 10% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made between 19:00 local time, 4 business days to 19:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 30% of the total amount.
- Any cancellations made after 19:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.