Athens Introduction Electric Bike Tour including the Temple of Zeus
Discover all top attractions of Athens during a pleasant electric bike ride around the city. During this 2,5 hour tour you will see Olympian Zeus temple, Greek Parliament, Academy of Athens and more!
▼ Read more
This Athens electric bike urban trip includes views of landmarks from recent history of Athens such as Zappeion, the Parliament, Academy of Athens along with the sites of Athens classical antiquities, like Olympian Zeus temple or Roman forum.
- Duration: 3 - 3.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Helmet / English-speaking guide / Bottle of water / Athens shopping map
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
10:00 Your Athens Electric Bike Tour Begins!Some of the sites you will see on the way: Olympian Zeus temple, Zappeion, Neoclassical Trilogy, National garden, Syntagma square, First Royal Residence, Greek Parliament, Eolou boardwalk, Aghia Irini plaza, National Observatory, Thission, Agora, Roman forum, Plaka, Hadrian's gate and more!
Olympian Zeus TempleThis collosal ruined temple was dedicated to Zeus, king of the Olympian gods. During the Roman periods it was renowned as the largest temple in Greece and housed one of the largest cult statues in the ancient world.
Academy of AthensOne of the three of the "architectural trilogy" consisting of the Museum (National Library) - the University - and the Academy. It is regarded as the most beautiful neoclassic building worldwide. The source of inspiration for it was the classical architecture of fifth century B.C. Athens.
National Observatory of AthensThe first research Institution created in Greece (1842). Located next to the Pnika hill where one of the early Observatories of the 5th century was located. It is one of the landmarks of Athens and has long been used by Greek and foreign astronomers.
12:30-13:00 Tour ends
- Children aged 15 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- ID or Passport
What is an electric bike? How does it work?
- An Electric Bike is ideal for urban commuting and short trips around town. It's lithium-ion battery provides clean and efficient energy to a 250 watt motor to power up to 25 km/h and gives a good lift to uphills. The tou will be operated at low speed.
It also operates quiet, so you can appreciate the world you're riding through.
Will you teach me how to ride an electric bike?
- If you are not a bike rider this activity may not be a good choice. The e-bike is heavier than a regular one and the electric power assist does not compensate for poor riding skills.
All first time clients are required to take a quick familiarizing session of the bike controls and operation under our staff guidance. This session is designed to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience and is part of the overall tour time.
Familiarizing time varies with group size and skill level. Riders are instructed on basic electric bike operation, emergency stops and "Share the Road" policy. All riders are required to wear the helmet provided.
Who can ride an electric bike?
- Riding an electric bike is similar to riding a regular bike. Although it's intuitive for a skilled rider, you will have 10 minutes of training so you can get familiar with the operation.
An e-bike is not an ideal mode of touring for people with some mobility issues. The bike weighs 23-25 kg (55 pd) and will need to be pedalled along the route.
Due to risk of fall, this activity is not recommended for pregnant women and they may participate at their own risk.
Ages 15 and up are allowed to ride pedelec. The suggested minimum weight for any rider is 40 kg (88 pd).
Client under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What should I wear? What if it rains?
- During summer, dress comfortable, light and in layers and lots of sunblock.
We highly recommend, comfortable closed toe flat shoes (no high heels, sandals or flip flops).
During the winter months, bring an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are not a bad idea for cold days.
Rental of handlebar basket for cameras, light jackets and small purses (7 kg max) is available. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar basket. Please leave bulky backpacks at your hotel.
Tours run all year long. Rain gear is available for the rare rainy days. Electric bikes are designed to run in any weather.
What if it's very hot during summer in Athens?
- The average day temperature during the hot months of summer (July and August) in Athens, is 32 Celsius degrees. Some days, the temperature can rise up to 36 - 38 Celsius degrees. Even more rare, thermometer will indicate temperature above 39 degrees.
The tour will operate except in the event of extreme uncomfortable conditions (too warm for cycling). Still electric cycling, takes away most of the stress to pedal and makes riding fun even during warm days. Besides that you will be provided with 1 or 2 water bottles.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 16:00 local time, 4 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.