Silfra Snorkelling Tour from Reykjavik
Snorkel Silfra, a tectonic fissure with the clearest water on the planet! Choose from morning or evening tours from Reykjavik, including snorkelling under the midnight sun.
▼ Read more
Snorkelling Silfra is for everyone who feels comfortable in water and is a fantastic adventure for the whole family. During your snorkel you will explore the four main parts of Silfra fissure.
- Duration (incl. transportation): 3 - 5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Available
- Inclusion: Guided snorkelling trip / All necessary snorkelling equipment / Hot choclate and cookies after the snorkeling trip / Silfra Entrance Fees
Time & Location
Time & Location
Package detail / Schedule Close
- Children 12 years old and above can participate in this activity.
- Guests must be below 6 ft 7 in (200 cm) to participate in this activity.
- Guests must know how to swim to participate in this activity.
- Guests must be below 295 lbs (136 kg) to participate in this activity.
Do I need to be able to swim in order to take part in Snorkelling Tours?
- Yes, you do. Even though the dry suits are very buoyant and keep you afloat it is a prerequisite for snorkellers to be able to swim and feel comfortable in water. This is for your own, the guides and the rest of the snorkelling groups safety and comfort.
I wear glasses, is that a problem?
- If you have bad eyesight you either need to bring your own prescription dive mask or lens inserts with your own matching dive mask. There are opticians in Reykjavik that you would be able to purchase contact lenses with and this should be done a day in advance.
How cold is the water in Silfra?
- The water temperature is 2-4°Celsius all year around. This converts to 35-39°Fahrenheit.
Will I receive a drysuit? Will I be warm enough?
- The drysuit you will wear is 3.5mm high performance compressed density neoprene, laminated with “Diamond-Tuff” nylon. The drysuit will keep you warm and dry, you will also be provided you with a thermal undersuit to wear underneath the suit. We recommend that you were thermal underwear as a base layer or a long sleeved t-shirt and leggings. You might get cold on your hands as you will wear only wet suit gloves.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- If cancellations are made up to 48 hours prior to a tour, 90% of the tour value will be refunded. Cancellations made within 48 hours of a tour will not receive a refund.
Taxes & fees included
1% Reward Points
|Duration incl. transportation||3 - 5 hour(s)|
LATEST 5-STAR REVIEWS
The tour was excellent. the snorkelling experience between the two tectonic plates was enjoyable. the company who gave us the tour was very professional. during the snorkelling time, our group did not...more