Crystal Ice Cave Tour from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
Once in a lifetime opportunity to visit crystal caves in Iceland! Perfect option for those staying overnight in Jökulsárlón Glacial area or travelling independently in a rental car from Reykjavik.
▼ Read more
Crystal Ice Cave is unmissable winter activity in Iceland. See Vatnajökull, the biggest glacial in Iceland and explore one of it's ice caves on a fully guided tour will all gear and equipment included. The blue light seeping through the dense ice is unique and it gives the cave an adventurous atmosphere. This is definitely a must see for all and especially photographic enthusiasts!
- Duration: 2.5 - 3.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: English-speaking guide / Glacier gear / Guided visit to a crystal cave
Time & Location
Time & Location
Package detail / Schedule Close
- Children 10 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Required Items to Bring & Attire
- Warm outdoor clothing
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Warm head-wear and gloves
- Hiking Shoes
Requirement(s) - Others
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver at the time of check-in.
- Crystal Ice cave tour departs from Jökullárlón glacier lagoon located 379km from Reykjavik which means, at least, four and a half hour drive from Reykjavik in best conditions. We recommend that you stay close to the glacier lagoon for one night, either before or after you visit the Ice cave. Please make sure to follow weather and road conditions before you take off – the weather can be totally different just out of the city. Safetravel gives warnings for the whole country.
- Please note that ice caves are an ever changing natural phenomenon and, therefore, unpredictable. You will visit one ice cave during the tour and the choice of a cave is based on conditions and safety.
|Credit card payment|
- Cancellation less than 2 days (48 hours) prior to the tour: 100% charge
Cancellation between 7-2 days prior to the tour: 30% charge
Cancellation more than one week (7 days) prior to the tour: 10% charge