Day Trip from Rome to Pompeii and Italy's Amalfi Coast including Positano Visit Instant Confirmation
Take a day trip from Rome to explore the ruins at Pompeii followed by a relaxing drive along the beautiful Amalfi Coast, visiting the seaside town of Positano.
▼ Read more
Day Trip from Rome to Pompeii and Italy's Amalfi Coast including Positano Visit
Explore the ruins of Pompei & then enjoy a relaxing drive along the Amalfi Coast with a stop at Positano town. Led by a local archaeologist, tour Pompeii, visiting the best rooms and death casts. Lunch on the seafront in Positano. In a small group of 15 or less your experience will be relaxed and intimate, while round-trip transport & tickets included make for a hassle-free day.
- Duration: 13.5 hour(s)
- Available: Daily
- Pick-up: Not available
- Inclusion: Round-trip transport from Rome / Express entrance tickets to Pompeii / Expert Pompeii tour guide / Guided tour at Pompeii & introduction to Positano town / Small groups of 15 people or fewer / Free time in Positano town (lunch not included)
Package detail / Schedule Close
Schedule & Location
Time & Location
Time & Location
07:00 Check-in: your guide will be holding a Walks of Italy sign
Discover the world famous ruins of Pompeii with an archeologistArriving in Pompeii from Rome, you’ll meet a certified Pompeii tour guide, a passionate archaeologist who has worked on the excavations themselves! Skip the lines ans spend 2 hours exploring the best of Pompeii, from the Roman Forum to the world-famous plaster casts of those killed in the eruption.
Enjoy a scenic drive to the Amalfi CoastIt's a relaxing trip on a panoramic drive down the Amalfi Coast. Along the way you’ll hear stories about life in this beautiful region of Italy and get some background about your next stop – lovely Positano.
Explore PositanoA pastel resort town perched on the cliffs, Positano is renowned for its romance and elegance. Follow in the footsteps of Shelley, Goethe and Steinbeck as you climb winding staircases and explore narrow streets. Poke into the upscale boutiques or relax over a fresh fish lunch.
Enjoy a relaxing journey back to Rome
- Please note that lunch is not included in this tour. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
What languages are your tours conducted in?
- English. This tour does not operate in multi-language, which means you’ll never have to wait for translations.
How will I recognize my tour guide?
- Either your tour guide or a tour coordinator will be waiting at the tour meeting point 15 minutes before your tour start time. They will be holding up a sign with the Walks of Italy logo on it.
What If I’m running late to my tour?
- We ask all guests to arrive at the tour meeting point at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of their tour. If you have difficulty finding the meeting point or are delayed along the way, please call the emergency phone number, (Italy) +39-069-480-4888 not the regular customer service number.
How far in advance should I book my tour?
- It’s hard to say. We recommend booking as soon as you can as these services often sell out in advance and have limited-availability. If you know what tour you want to book though, we would always say to book as soon as you can.
The tour description says tour is 'all-inclusive'. What does that mean?
- It means the tour price listed on our website includes all ticket, reservation and entrance fees. There won’t be any nasty surprises on the day of your tour, so you could leave your wallet at home (unless you felt like tipping your tour guide).
Do you accept last-minute bookings?
- When we have space! Check the website for availability first. If you can’t find what you’re looking for there is a chance that it's sold out or it may just be off-sale because it's within a day or two of tour running time.
Should I tip my tour guide?
- It’s really up to you. If you enjoyed your tour and feel like you received exemplary service from your guide, it is customary to leave a tip at the end of the tour. It’s not obligatory though and we won’t hold it against you if you don't – nor will your guide.
Can I take your tours if I have walking difficulties or require a wheelchair?
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate wheelchairs on most of our group tours for a variety reasons. That said, in most cases we can serve wheelchair users on our private tours, to allow the guide to adapt the route to their particular requirements. Please get in touch with us before you book, however, and be aware that guests are responsible for propelling their own chairs – guides will be unable to do this.
I am traveling with a small child – can I bring a stroller with me?
- Not on all tours. Please get in touch with our us before bringing a stroller on your tour. Some sites will not allow you to bring a stroller inside and we may not have suitable storage options. If you let us know in advance we can help you to arrange a suitable solution.
What should I bring on my tour?
- We recommend all customers bring photo ID with their date of birth listed plus the confirmation voucher. For all tours involving walking, we would recommend that you wear comfortable shoes. If you’re visiting in warm weather (May – Sep) we recommend that you bring sunscreen, a bottle of water (which you can refill along the way) and a hat. During the cooler months we would recommend that you bring a coat and possibly a rain jacket and/or umbrella.
It’s raining, is my tour still running?
- Yes! The tours run rain or shine. On some very rare occasions, when the weather is particularly dramatic, some outdoor sites may be closed. On these occasions we will try to contact you in advance, where we have warning.
What’s the difference between a ‘group’ and a ‘private’ tour?
- A group tour is one where you join a group of other travellers and a single guide – our groups are usually around 12 people, although they can be a little larger, particularly on day trips. Because our groups are so small, you’ll still find it easy to hear and interact with your guide and it's more effective than a private tour, which is when you pay to have your own personal tour guide (and/or transfer) just for you.
Please click HERE to send an inquiry about this activity
|Credit card payment|
- Any cancellations made after 00:00 local time, 3 business days prior to the activity will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount.